Sirry, a smart casual question

caribill

I know what the Celebrity web site has for a definition of Smart Casual.

I have searched the threads and cannot find what women actually wear on smart casual evenings.

There are plenty of posts about what men wear on smart casual nights and plenty about evening chic, but what I am looking for are actual experience recently about what women wear on smart casual evenings in the dining room.

Thanks

Impossible to answer as thre really is no dress code. We got off the Equinox on Monday and I can confirm that men wore everything from smart jeans to Tuxedos on 'resort Chic' nights (even had military in full dres uniforms!) and every other night, the women ran from full cocktail dresses to leggings and a nice blouse.

I pretty much wear stuff that you'd find in Chico's. Traveler's knit pants, skirt, tops, with changing the jewelry, scarves, etc. I usually take a pair of black slacks, black skirt, and on some cruises white slacks. I take a jacket and a cardigan that go with most everything, as I sometimes get cold in the evenings. I change the tops around but wear the same bottoms quite a few nights. Brightly printed palazzo pants with a solid nice top are a favorite of mine, very comfortable, pack easily, and look great. I'll wear something kind of sparkly as a top on chic nights, but generally I dress kind of nice all the nights. I don't wear capris or anything that looks like "day time" wear at night, although some do and it's perfectly acceptable as long as it's not shorts. I'm not a dress person so what I wear is separates. I also tend to do color 'themes' when I cruise. Often it's blues, greens, teals so things mix match. Other times it's black, grey, red, white. Makes it a lot easier. Personally I never wear jeans on a cruise, unless it's a nice pair of skinny white ones. I don't think I've ever even brought blue jeans on a cruise, unless I did to Alaska.

I hope that helps.

After over 40,000 posts I am surprised that someone doesnt already know the impossibility of a definitve answer to questions like this. There are caribbean cruises in hot weather, Alaska cruises in cold weather, European cruises which tend to be dressier, Australian cruises which tend toward the casual etc. etc. etc.

I pretty much wear stuff that you'd find in Chico's. Traveler's knit pants, skirt, tops, with changing the jewelry, scarves, etc. I usually take a pair of black slacks, black skirt, and on some cruises white slacks. I take a jacket and a cardigan that go with most everything, as I sometimes get cold in the evenings. I change the tops around but wear the same bottoms quite a few nights. Brightly printed palazzo pants with a solid nice top are a favorite of mine, very comfortable, pack easily, and look great. I'll wear something kind of sparkly as a top on chic nights, but generally I dress kind of nice all the nights. I don't wear capris or anything that looks like "day time" wear at night, although some do and it's perfectly acceptable as long as it's not shorts. I'm not a dress person so what I wear is separates. I also tend to do color 'themes' when I cruise. Often it's blues, greens, teals so things mix match. Other times it's black, grey, red, white. Makes it a lot easier. Personally I never wear jeans on a cruise, unless it's a nice pair of skinny white ones. I don't think I've ever even brought blue jeans on a cruise, unless I did to Alaska.

I hope that helps.

I just want to thank you for a very helpful post --the best advice I've seen on the thread.

Nobody has answered the question posted by the curious male—is Chico’s like Taco Bell.

It seems to be a reasonable assumption 😀.

It is a very nice ladies clothing shop with a lovely assortment of travel clothing among other items and accessories.

Nobody has answered the question posted by the curious male—is Chico’s like Taco Bell.

It seems to be a reasonable assumption 😀.

It is a very nice ladies clothing shop with a lovely assortment of travel clothing among other items and accessories.

Thanks! Not that we need another source with a lovely assortment...