I need something new in Roatan

mitsugirly

We are heading back to Roatan for the 1234908636434 time (just kidding but seems like it). We need something new to do (maybe).

In the past we have done Maya Key, West Bay, Zip lining and the animals with Bodden, and Little French Key about 3 or 4 times (I've lost count at this point).

While our favorite thing so far has been LFK, I feel like I need something new. Each time we go there they have made additional changes/add-on's and while it's super nice and more options, I feel like it just has so much now and getting so popular but yet still the same old same old. I need something different I think.

We are beach loving, snorkeling and fun in the sun type of people. What would you suggest?

There's a place up on the north side of the island. Black PEarl, I think and there's another beach club (name slips me, start with "N"---HELP c-legs 5!!!) that gets good reviews. Also there's off shore snorkeling that might be a different perspective.

Sadly, because of the way the island sits, I can never tell what is north and what is south. :0)

As far as I know, Black Pearl is a golf course in Pristine Bay, I have no idea if Pristine Bay allows for day trips. It is on the opposite side of the island from French Harbor.

Club Natale maybe the other place spoken about above, it is on the same side of the island as Fantasy Island, Parrot Tree and Little French Key.

While Free Radical doesn't offer a beach, it will give you something different in the water with GREAT food.

I think Paya Bay offers day passes, they have a huge beach and a couple of little coves. Camp Bay is another huge beach. I didn't find the snorkeling to be good from either of these places.

Ah, thanks Guest. couldn't think of the name. Club Natale.

And while Black Pearl is a golf course, I thought it was associated with a resort that also offered day passes. Could be mistaken, wouldn't be the first time.;)

Mitsugirly, Free Radical gets really good reviews. Might be something to check out now that your young mermaid is growing up.

Ah, thanks Guest. couldn't think of the name. Club Natale.

And while Black Pearl is a golf course, I thought it was associated with a resort that also offered day passes. Could be mistaken, wouldn't be the first time.;)

Mitsugirly, Free Radical gets really good reviews. Might be something to check out now that your young mermaid is growing up.

Crewsweeper, Pristine Bay is the name of the resort where Black Pearl golf is and you are right I have no idea if they offer day passes.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

There's a place up on the north side of the island. Black PEarl, I think and there's another beach club (name slips me, start with "N"---HELP c-legs 5!!!) that gets good reviews. Also there's off shore snorkeling that might be a different perspective.

Thanks for the info. I'll look it up. We are in port from 9-6pm.

I honestly don't care for "off shore snorkeling" if that means by boat. I would rather have from shore snorkeling. I don't know what it is about just jumping off a boat and snorkeling. Usually that means that you are in deeper water and it's harder to see, plus I can't get good pictures (I like close up pictures) when I have to float on top and the coral and fish are so far down. It's just not my thing.

Sadly, because of the way the island sits, I can never tell what is north and what is south. :0)

As far as I know, Black Pearl is a golf course in Pristine Bay, I have no idea if Pristine Bay allows for day trips. It is on the opposite side of the island from French Harbor.

Club Natale maybe the other place spoken about above, it is on the same side of the island as Fantasy Island, Parrot Tree and Little French Key.

While Free Radical doesn't offer a beach, it will give you something different in the water with GREAT food.

I think Paya Bay offers day passes, they have a huge beach and a couple of little coves. Camp Bay is another huge beach. I didn't find the snorkeling to be good from either of these places.

I'll check out Club Natale. I think that's a place that someone has mentioned in the past and I thought it looked pretty but others were talking about the trash, smell and busted bottles? I'm sure it's probably different now...hopefully.

Free Radical-where is this located? What exactly do you mean by it offers "something different in the water"? Like what?

I have never heard of Paya Bay or Camp Bay. I'll look them up. It's an added plus if there's awesome snorkeling at one of these places we go to, but not always a must.

Thanks

I will definitely check it out. :D

***Oh wait, from what I'm looking at, this is a catamaran tour to snorkeling? If so, not really interested in that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I will definitely check it out. :D

***Oh wait, from what I'm looking at, this is a catamaran tour to snorkeling? If so, not really interested in that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Free Radical is a catamaran, it offers great food, amazing people, and snorkeling. no beach.

The snorkeling from shore is not going to be any good (in my option) at any of the other options mentioned. I truly believe the best snorkeling within the Roatan Marine Park which runs Sandy Bay to West Bay.

Mileage may vary. :0)

Try Havana Beach especially if you like Horseback riding. Best snorkeling is always going to be from either Sandy Bay Beach or West Bay Beach. And if time permits, just go to Paya Bay and chill. Go to Cals restaurant along the way.

We've done the horseback riding in the ocean and didn't really care for it but the beach and area there look awesome! I emailed them since there's no pricing on their website.

Not really looking for places to eat. I'm there to experience the beaches and beauty and if they have food at the beach where we go, that's a plus, but we will probably never just stop some place to eat. Just not our thing.

Where is Paya Bay located? Is there any snorkeling there? Is it an AI or PAYG?

We've done the horseback riding in the ocean and didn't really care for it but the beach and area there look awesome! I emailed them since there's no pricing on their website.

Not really looking for places to eat. I'm there to experience the beaches and beauty and if they have food at the beach where we go, that's a plus, but we will probably never just stop some place to eat. Just not our thing.

Where is Paya Bay located? Is there any snorkeling there? Is it an AI or PAYG?

Paya Bay is on the east end, it is an amazing place with more than one beach. They offer day passes. The snorkeling is not great in my opinion. Camp Bay Beach is not far, one could hit both if they wanted to.

http://www.payabay.com/resort-roatan/roatan/shore-excursion/

We're going to Roatan next month and I've booked the "Sun-Splash and Zip Adventure" excursion through Roatan Ocean Adventures for $65/pp including r/t transportation. They use Big French Key or Parrot Tree plantation for the beach portion of the tour

http://roatanoceanadventures.com/?page_id=7

Try Havana Beach

Unfortunately...they emailed me back and said they can not offer this outside of the cruise line (for Carnival or Royal) and said I would have to book the horseback riding with the cruise line to come there. So, I guess that's out. :(

Cals!!! Oh yeah...Great food and great views. It's at First Bight so that near LFK.

I second (or third) this suggestion. Having done pretty much everything there is on Roatan, we made a trip to a dive resort on the east end last trip. Too many sand flies although there was no crowd. Stopped at Cal's on the return for lobster and it was the best part of the entire day.

So...this Cal's, is this a beach? Or just a restaurant with a "good view"? Not interested in any restaurants or views unless it's while sitting on a beach or in the water. :D

I ALMOST FORGOT...I decided a long time ago that the next time we came to Roatan, we were going to go see the ssssslllloooootttthhhhhsssss (sloths said in my very slow voice). ;p

So, I will be contacting Daniel Johnson's for that. But, we still need to figure out something else to do that day. :confused:

Temporary Cal's is a good distance away from the cruise ports, and on a mountaintop, far away from the beach...

So...this Cal's, is this a beach? Or just a restaurant with a "good view"? Not interested in any restaurants or views unless it's while sitting on a beach or in the water. :D

I ALMOST FORGOT...I decided a long time ago that the next time we came to Roatan, we were going to go see the ssssslllloooootttthhhhhsssss (sloths said in my very slow voice). ;p

So, I will be contacting Daniel Johnson's for that. But, we still need to figure out something else to do that day. :confused:

So Daniel Johnson has several "excursion passes" and they seem like a pretty good price.

Here's what they wrote to me:

We offer these different excursions:

-Island Tours with stops at the Monkey and Sloth Hangout! : In this tour you will get to visit the Monkey and Sloth Hangout, but before you will take a tour to the different little communities, stopping at different beautiful scenic picture taking spots! Along the way your driver and tour guide will be informing you about the history of the island. Then after the tour and stop at the Monkey and Sloth Hangout, there is an option to stop at Parrot Tree Resort to have lunch or jump in the ocean to cool off for the remainder of the day, until you have to go back to the ship AT LEAST one hour before it leaves!

30$ per person

We can also include Zip Lining for an additional 45$ each at the Pirates of the Caribbean Zip

-Transportation to and from your port of arrival to the Monkey and Sloth Hangout! : Here we will pick you up at the port you dock in and will drive you the park. There you will get to interact and play with the animals. After interacting and enjoying the animals, we will take you back to the port so you can continue on you other endeavors for the day! It includes the entrance fee to the Hangout.

20$ per person

-Monkey Snorkeling: Let us take you to show you our beautiful barrier reef which is the world's second largest! By doing either offshore snorkeling or inshore snorkeling on a beautiful 4 feet deep coral reef! On this excursion you will take a tour of the island and stop and play with our monkeys and sloths! After you monkey around with them, then we hop in a boat and go off to explore the beautiful under water sites !! After snorkeling, we then take you to the beautiful Parrot Tree Beach Resort to grab some lunch.

We include all snorkel gear and guide in the water!

45$ per person

All excursions include pick up and drop off at your ship at least ONE HOUR before your ship leaves!

Please note that none of the excursion prices include lunch. On the island tour excursion, or monkey snorkeling excursion, you're welcome to stop to purchase food at the price of whatever you wish to purchase. Parrot tree Resort has a restaurant on the beach!

Payment is done is USD Dollar Cash only

Kids 4 and under are free on all excursions!

We would REALLY like to the the sloths, snorkeling and Parrot Tree. It sounds awesome and we would get to experience 3 things.

Has anyone done this particular tour? What were your thoughts and how long did you get to stay at Parrot Tree?

My only issue is...I DON'T want a tour of the island. I have read how they do take you to some beautiful stops to get pictures of the ocean but also take you to the "slums" area. I'm well aware of these area's in every port and really don't care to see it or spend my time on a tour.

So Daniel Johnson has several "excursion passes" and they seem like a pretty good price.

Here's what they wrote to me:

We offer these different excursions:

-Island Tours with stops at the Monkey and Sloth Hangout! : In this tour you will get to visit the Monkey and Sloth Hangout, but before you will take a tour to the different little communities, stopping at different beautiful scenic picture taking spots! Along the way your driver and tour guide will be informing you about the history of the island. Then after the tour and stop at the Monkey and Sloth Hangout, there is an option to stop at Parrot Tree Resort to have lunch or jump in the ocean to cool off for the remainder of the day, until you have to go back to the ship AT LEAST one hour before it leaves!

30$ per person

We can also include Zip Lining for an additional 45$ each at the Pirates of the Caribbean Zip

-Transportation to and from your port of arrival to the Monkey and Sloth Hangout! : Here we will pick you up at the port you dock in and will drive you the park. There you will get to interact and play with the animals. After interacting and enjoying the animals, we will take you back to the port so you can continue on you other endeavors for the day! It includes the entrance fee to the Hangout.

20$ per person

-Monkey Snorkeling: Let us take you to show you our beautiful barrier reef which is the world's second largest! By doing either offshore snorkeling or inshore snorkeling on a beautiful 4 feet deep coral reef! On this excursion you will take a tour of the island and stop and play with our monkeys and sloths! After you monkey around with them, then we hop in a boat and go off to explore the beautiful under water sites !! After snorkeling, we then take you to the beautiful Parrot Tree Beach Resort to grab some lunch.

We include all snorkel gear and guide in the water!

45$ per person

All excursions include pick up and drop off at your ship at least ONE HOUR before your ship leaves!

Please note that none of the excursion prices include lunch. On the island tour excursion, or monkey snorkeling excursion, you're welcome to stop to purchase food at the price of whatever you wish to purchase. Parrot tree Resort has a restaurant on the beach!

Payment is done is USD Dollar Cash only

Kids 4 and under are free on all excursions!

We would REALLY like to the the sloths, snorkeling and Parrot Tree. It sounds awesome and we would get to experience 3 things.

Has anyone done this particular tour? What were your thoughts and how long did you get to stay at Parrot Tree?

My only issue is...I DON'T want a tour of the island. I have read how they do take you to some beautiful stops to get pictures of the ocean but also take you to the "slums" area. I'm well aware of these area's in every port and really don't care to see it or spend my time on a tour.

I haven't done this tour but if you are stopping at the sloths AND snorkeling (presumably offshore of Parrot Tree) same side as Maya Key, Little French Key, Fantasy Island, Club Natale ANd perhaps an hour at Parrot Tree, - I don't see much time left for touring much of the island other than traveling from one venue to another. "Tour of the island" seems a bit of an exaggeration.

I haven't done this tour but if you are stopping at the sloths AND snorkeling (presumably offshore of Parrot Tree) same side as Maya Key, Little French Key, Fantasy Island, Club Natale ANd perhaps an hour at Parrot Tree, - I don't see much time left for touring much of the island other than traveling from one venue to another. "Tour of the island" seems a bit of an exaggeration.

They just messaged me back and told me that I could "skip" the island tour...whew!

So, we will be visiting the sloths, snorkeling at the reef between his place and LFK at French Key and then on to Parrot Tree for some lunch and swimming before heading back to the port. They take you back 1 hour before leaving so it sounds like we'll have a great day.

They just messaged me back and told me that I could "skip" the island tour...whew!

So, we will be visiting the sloths, snorkeling at the reef between his place and LFK at French Key and then on to Parrot Tree for some lunch and swimming before heading back to the port. They take you back 1 hour before leaving so it sounds like we'll have a great day.

Just found this review that seems to confirm area and may be of interest to you

http://www.snorkeling-report.com/spot/snorkeling-french-key-roatan/

You can see sloths , snorkeling and Parrot Tree.

I really don't think there would ever be much of a tour other than the "view" on the way to Parrot Tree similar to St Kitts.

Anyway, enjoy!