Toddler friendly NCL excursions in Cozumel, Costa maya, and Harvest Caye.

FLArmyWife

I'm looking for idea on toddler friendly excursions, through NCL, to do when we visit Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Harvest Caye.

I have spent time on the website but am irritated that it'll be categorized under "family recommended" but then there is an age limit of 5 or even 8 in some cases.

Anyone have any suggestions? My son will be just shy of 4 when we sail.

Playa Mia Beach club on Cozumel is popular with families and offers a toddler friendly water park, nice beach, water toys, etc. You can do it on your own or sometimes can book it through the cruise line. Play Mia has a web site with lots of package options.

I'm looking for idea on toddler friendly excursions, through NCL, to do when we visit Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Harvest Caye.

I have spent time on the website but am irritated that it'll be categorized under "family recommended" but then there is an age limit of 5 or even 8 in some cases.

Anyone have any suggestions? My son will be just shy of 4 when we sail.

Have you actually contacted NCL to ask? Are you sure the age limit isn’t just the age they start charging?

In Cozumel at least under 4/5 are often free for hotel resort/ beach bar day passes which you can arrange yourself if not through cruise line. Unfortunately since you are on NCL you will be docking in town so you will need to take transportation of some sort to a beach, so it is up to you if you are comfortable with a taxi van or whether you need a car seat, which you would have to provide yourself unless you use a private driver for the day, like ToursPlaza who can provide car seats. Playa Mía, as above, is often suggested along with Chankanaab or we like Punta Morena with lots ofspace when we have a driver.

In Costa Maya you can take the port shuttle, (road train) to the malecon where there is a series of beach bars. The first, Blue Kay, probably most suitable for little one ( most space) or we have taken little one to Maya Chan, AI, where they provide beach sand toys. Alternatives are water Park or staying at port area, which has a pool. More details of all on Costa May board.

No experience with Harvest Caye but more details on its locAl board.

Thank you all for more information! I did some more digging and found some options I think will work well...

Have you actually contacted NCL to ask? Are you sure the age limit isn’t just the age they start charging?

Yea some have an actual age limit. I understand for some of the more 'intense' ones but some of the level 1 excursions I was shocked to see an age restriction

pHc2d5yDGwdoAkM47

pHc2d5yDGwdoAkM47

Most of those seem to be water related and I am sure have liability insurance. Sometimes this is imposed by the cruiseline and sometimes the individual operator which may/ may not be the same.

Maybe try a broker like Shore excursioneer for more options and child prices?

We have done day pass to Allegra and Park Royal with a little one. Park Royal didn’t require any transport from International pier for us and so was convenient.

The issue honesty with cruise excursions and toddlers is lack of flexibility. It is better for you to figure our a few things to do on your own when you can call it a day at your leisure and head back to the boat.