Park & Cruise Miami

frackmac

Here's a recent review of local Park and Cruise options in Miami. My family has been out of Miami twice. Once we stayed in Miami near the airport. The airport is about 10 miles west of the terminal. We planned on doing the Park and Cruise option, but we ended up parking at the terminal to facilitate getting on the road early for our return home.

The second time out of Miami, we stayed overnight in Fort Pierce (cheaper) and then drove into Miami, parked again at the terminal, and got on the ship.

I will say that the traffic in Miami to/from the terminal is kind of a mess. It's a mess coming in, going out, and navigating the island terminal - at least I thought it was an adventure.

We by far prefer cruising out of Port Canaveral, but the Magic is a great ship.

I will say that the traffic in Miami to/from the terminal is kind of a mess. It's a mess coming in, going out, and navigating the island terminal - at least I thought it was an adventure.

dunno when your last visit was but with the opening of the tunnel, entry and exit to the port of Miami has been GREATLY simplified.

from 95 take 395 east towards Miami Beach .. watch for the port tunnel exit to the LEFT. You no longer need to wind thru downtown Miami to reach the port. Ditto on exit, the tunnel takes you directly to 395. p.s. it's free

How%20to%20Use%20the%20Tunnel.JPG

The tunnel and Dodge Island are fine. Navigating Miami is the hard part. One issue is that Miami is a big city with commensurate traffic. At the time most disembark, you're going right into the teeth of morning rush hour. I don't want to be a complete whiner, but the frequent tolls make being an out-of-state driver (no SunPass) that much less enjoyable.

Most hotels offering cruise parking deals will be out near the MIA airport - downtown hotels charge guests $25-30+ per day :eek:

Often suggested cruise parking hotels include Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, Embassy Suites MIA, and La Quinta East. you can also check www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com None includes a ride from the port back to your car, so plan on a $30+ taxi or about $20 in an Uber or Lyft

Or stay cheap outside of South FLA (West Palm is only about 90-120 minutes from POM) and drive to the port the morning of your cruise and park there - covered, convenient and secure! ;) We once left Orlando early, dropped off our rental at MIA, shuttled to POM, and were on the ship before noon! :D

• 2 weeks later...

After parking at the NYC terminal three times now, and paying $40/day, I think the Miami parking price of $20-$25/day is terrific. We're hoping to just park at the port because it makes it easier with my husband's mobility issues.

Question: are there shuttles running in the parking lot to take you to the door?

The trip from the garage to check in at POM is about 100 yards or less. I do not recall seeing any sort of shuttles. You could drop him off with the bags, then park the car and be back within minutes.