Mykonos - how easy to walk into the town?

annieuk

We shall be in Mykonos for a day at the beginning of October. Can anyone tell me how easy it is to walk into the town from the port? I have some problems walking too far - not too bad if I can stop and sit occasionally - good reason to stop for a drink or coffee every so often. If it's a long uphill walk into the town that could be a problem. I'd be grateful if people could let me know of their experiences. There are only a few ship's tours on offer and none really suitable.

mykonos-town.jpg

We docked and got off the ship at 7:30 am and took the first free shuttle bus to town (about 8 minutes). Walking takes about 30 minutes, but I'd advise against it. There is no sidewalk or shade once you exit the port and the road doesn't look safe due to the turns, hills, and traffic. Another option is to take a Sea Bus Water Taxi for €2 from the port directly into the heart of town.

Complete very detailed review of the ship, Mykanos, and other Eastern Mediterranean ports:

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/eastern-mediterranean.html

Really depends on dock or tender. Tender will put you right into town. From the dock you would do best to shuttle. On our cruise we were scheduled to dock and the day before a announcement was made that we would tender instead. Still able to do everything but just had to alter our timing.

We were scheduled to berth, but instead moored off the town & were tendered in.

It's one of the few ports (Dubrovnik is another) where tendering is actually better than berthing - you're dropped in the attractive little harbour in town.

JB :)

Our ship docked and then we took the free shuttle into town. It’s easy to walk around unless you want to go up the steep alleys but there’s plenty to see if you don’t. We saw other ships that were tendered and they were dropped off right in town.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...