Problems booking Seaside in category SE3 - Aurea Grand Suite

houseofduck

I have been searching the boards to see if anyone is having a similar problem to mine.

We are trying to book 5 passengers in a Grand Suite (SE3) on the Seaside for Feb. 2018. When I attempt to do a mock booking on the MSC web site, only 13001 shows as an option. When I attempt to do a mock booking on my TA's web site, I see staterooms on other decks available (11001, 12001, ...). My TA has called MSC and they tell him that the only stateroom on the SHIP (not just for that specific sailing) that can accommodate 5 is 13001. This does not make sense to me because 13001 appears to be smaller than the staterooms on the other decks. Also, the deck plan shows similar bedding on the other decks for 11001, 12001, and 14001.

Originally, we wanted one of the side SE3 suites (11002 or 11003). From the deck plans, it appears that those suites differ from the middle ones in that the side suites don't have a bunk. So, does this mean that the side ones won't accommodate 5?

I know the ship is not built yet, but does anyone know which suites can accommodate 5 on the Seaside? Also, I have read that the balconies on the middle suites (on existing ships) feel like a "fish bowl" in that you really can't see anything but the sky. Will this be the same on the Seaside? Again, I realize that no one has experienced these rooms yet. Just looking for opinions from some of those that have been following the construction!

Thank you!

I would call, but I have been working with a travel agent. He told me that he called and they told him 13001 was the only SE3 suite on the ship that can accommodate 5. I find that hard to believe, but it seems to be how the booking system is working. If I put 4 passengers, it will show me another suite (e.g., 13002) available (with the option to change staterooms). When I put 5 passengers in, it will only show 13001.

Maybe I will just call to see what they tell me.

I called MSC directly. They are saying the same thing the travel agent tells me. The only Grand Suite that allows you to book 5 is 13001. The representative told me that she agreed with me that based on the deck plans, it looks like the similar rooms (11001, 12001, 14001) should also accommodate 5. She also said that the person that controls the inventory is not available this week.

• 1 month later...

I think the MSC rep may be right. We are booked in 11003 for Dec 2017 and the Grand Suite layout online shows a 2 br/2 bath set up and when I tried to confirm that she said no it was 1 bedroom and living room. So I only think the middle Grand Suite is a 2/2 but not totally sure.

And those middle ones may vary in size to have 5 people. But even mine the website shows can take 5 which I know is untrue.

As the ship gets closer to being built we will probably know more.

Did you book for 5?

MSC is now telling me that 10001 and 13001 are the only ones that accommodate 5. They also told me that there is a mistake on the deck plans for the Seaside. Even though it looks like 11001, 12001, and 14001 are larger than 13001 on the deck plans, apparently, they are not.

Edited by houseofduck

• 4 months later...

My source is a MSC representative. I have called them multiple times and have been told that the only SE3's that accommodate 5 are 13001 and 10001. It's only one MSC representative that told me the deck plan was wrong with the sizes of the center suites, but that representative put me on hold a few times to "confirm" the information.

My source is a MSC representative. I have called them multiple times and have been told that the only SE3's that accommodate 5 are 13001 and 10001. It's only one MSC representative that told me the deck plan was wrong with the sizes of the center suites, but that representative put me on hold a few times to "confirm" the information.

I think all the middle Grand Suites are two bedrooms. Use the link below to choose a deck then click on the cabin you want to see the details. While it shows the same dimensions for all middle ones (which may not be correct), the general layout should be the same. I do know that the ones on the sides such as 12003/12002 vs 14003/14002 and etc are different in size. The side cabins and balcony on 14 are smaller.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=MSC-Seaside&deck=13

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

I think all the middle Grand Suites are two bedrooms. Use the link below to choose a deck then click on the cabin you want to see the details. While it shows the same dimensions for all middle ones (which may not be correct), the general layout should be the same. I do know that the ones on the sides such as 12003/12002 vs 14003/14002 and etc are different in size. The side cabins and balcony on 14 are smaller.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=MSC-Seaside&deck=13

While the layout might be the same, MSC will not let me book any of the other middle suites for 5. They will only let me book 13001 or 10001. I don't think the sizes on the link you provided are correct. One of the MSC representatives told me that 13001 is 624 sq. ft. and 11001 is 550 sq. ft. She didn't break it down into room size and balcony size. The link provided shows all of the center suites (and side suites) being the same size. Of course, my information is a few months old and things may have changed since then!

While the layout might be the same, MSC will not let me book any of the other middle suites for 5. They will only let me book 13001 or 10001. I don't think the sizes on the link you provided are correct. One of the MSC representatives told me that 13001 is 624 sq. ft. and 11001 is 550 sq. ft. She didn't break it down into room size and balcony size. The link provided shows all of the center suites (and side suites) being the same size. Of course, my information is a few months old and things may have changed since then!

I agree that ball the middle GS are not the same size. I think that other website is providing the size for 14001 and repeating it for all the others. When I initially did a dummy booking I know for a fact (according to MSC site) that the cabins on 14 were smaller in size than deck 12.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody gotten clarification on this. They are still saying 13001 and 10001 are the only ones that hold 5.

She said room square footage is 398 and balcony is 220.

11001 and 14001 look significantly bigger but only hold 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I called MSC directly. They are saying the same thing the travel agent tells me. The only Grand Suite that allows you to book 5 is 13001. The representative told me that she agreed with me that based on the deck plans, it looks like the similar rooms (11001, 12001, 14001) should also accommodate 5. She also said that the person that controls the inventory is not available this week.

There are obviously major mistakes on the deck plans

eg 10002 and 10003 are colour coded for INTERIOR- WELLNESS

seaside%20gs.jpg

I've noticed that all the centre GS cabins have a diamond and a square icon for extra guests, ie a bunk and a double sofa bed, so all should take 5 guests on that basis

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I've noticed that all the centre GS cabins have a diamond and a square icon for extra guests, ie a bunk and a double sofa bed, so all should take 5 guests on that basis

Pete

That's exactly what I told the MSC representative, and she agreed with me, but they still couldn't book any other center grand suites for 5. So, maybe the icons are wrong too.

Pete ... When you compare the model to the deck plans those two cabins were in fact Insides, having looked at the photo taken from the overhead crane the front of the ship has been changed from the model. Deck 9 and 10 on the model shows a solid steel structure at the front where those cabins are while the actual ship now has what looks like windows across the front of those cabins.

Stop the video of the model at 5 seconds in you will see what I mean.

That's exactly what I told the MSC representative, and she agreed with me, but they still couldn't book any other center grand suites for 5. So, maybe the icons are wrong too.

Two of the reps agreed that it doesnt make sense but they cant get any clarification.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Do the balconies on the side suites have some sort of cover (glass top to floor, perhaps). The pictures and videos show only the suite in the middle with an open balcony. I tried to check different pictures and I could not tell.

I've been looking at the same thing. Posts around #405 are the best info I've found.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2225747&highlight=seaside&page=21

I've been looking at the same thing. Posts around #405 are the best info I've found.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2225747&highlight=seaside&page=21

Thanks. I found the picture below and it further convinces me that these will not have open balconies :confused:. Although I checked the description on MSC website and measurements for a balcony are included for each of those suites. I managed to book one of the middle ones for next year... just in case

http://www.cruisetotravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/seaside-water3-2.jpg

Thanks. I found the picture below and it further convinces me that these will not have open balconies :confused:. Although I checked the description on MSC website and measurements for a balcony are included for each of those suites. I managed to book one of the middle ones for next year... just in case

http://www.cruisetotravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/seaside-water3-2.jpg

Not sure what you mean by open Balcony but the GS on the Port and Starboard sides do have a balcony. I just did a mock booking for a GS on deck 11 and it gives you the measurements for the cabin and balcony. With these details, the balcony is a good size.

This is Starboard side GS

STATEROOM NUMBER:

Stateroom category:

GRAND SUITE

Experience:

Aurea Experience

Stateroom Details

Occupancy: 4

Surface: 522.05 Square feet

Balcony Size 129.17 Square feet

Double sofa bed

Stateroom Facilities

Air conditioning

Wi-Fi

Telephone

Minibar

Safe

TV

And for 11001 - Center GS

STATEROOM NUMBER:

Stateroom category:

GRAND SUITE

Experience:

Aurea Experience

Stateroom Details

Occupancy: 4

Surface: 527.44 Square feet

Balcony Size 182.99 Square feet

Sofa bed

Double sofa bed

Stateroom Facilities

Air conditioning

Wi-Fi

Telephone

Minibar

Safe

TV

Edit - Like most here, I do wish MSC (or even MSC Fans) post some more details photos of the front. A lot of the recent good photos are of the Aft.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser