Distilled water for CPAP

boom op

Someone a while back had posted that Princess would supply distilled water for CPAPs. Well after some hunting around I found it on my personalizer, it’s under dietary requests.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone a while back had posted that Princess would supply distilled water for CPAPs. Well after some hunting around I found it on my personalizer, it’s under dietary requests.

Yep! That's where it's been since they added it to the CP. Like other things on the Princess website, it's not the most obvious location.

OP & other CPAP users: When you pack your CPAP

1) don't forget your power cord (yes, it happens)

2) take a small amount of duct tape in case the hose springs a leak

3) bring a spare cushion/pillows for you mask

4) don't let anyone else pack it up for you (you know best what you need)

ALL of the above were frequent emergency calls from patients when I was working.

If the distilled water doesn't show up...don't panic, use the tap water -

It won't hurt for a short period of time. The tap water on the ship is very close to being actual distilled water.

Happy (silent) Sleep!!

My husband takes an extension cord. It's Princess approved since it's just an extension cord and nothing else. Princess will supply one but it's like 100 feet long (I'm exaggerating) but we bring a 6 foot one since we don't know what wall the bed will be on until we get in the room.

Belong to this "club" now. Read somewhere that you could use the outlet by the bed lamp. I don't need my bed lamp...can I unplug it or is there a different kind of plug/outlet/power supply for the lamp?

Last month was the first time the distilled water was waiting for us. If it isn’t, your steward will get it before bedtime.

The extension cord is one of those industrial thick ones. I bring my own.

Belong to this "club" now. Read somewhere that you could use the outlet by the bed lamp. I don't need my bed lamp...can I unplug it or is there a different kind of plug/outlet/power supply for the lamp?

Renee: AFAIK the outlet behind the bed is for 220V, so you'll need an adapter. All modern CPAPs automatically switch from 110 to 220 depending on what you plug into...you just need that adapter.

If you can get it, great, but you really don't need it. The ship's water is processed using reverse osmosis and is as good as distilled. My wife has used her CPAP on the last four cruises we were on. She used the bathroom tap water each time and had absolutely no issues.

Just be aware of the surge protection issue.

Shipboard power is normally wired without the "grounded neutral" that surge

protectors normally rely on. With a "floating neutral" --pun noted-- surge

protection circuitry can and has caught fire in normal use. Oops! :o

If the baggage screeners are doing their job, a power strip is not going to make

it to your stateroom.

If I'm on your voyage, please use an ordinary extension cord instead. I hate

getting up to cries of "Muster Stations!!!" in the middle of the night. ;)

OP & other CPAP users: When you pack your CPAP

1) don't forget your power cord (yes, it happens)

2) take a small amount of duct tape in case the hose springs a leak

3) bring a spare cushion/pillows for you mask

4) don't let anyone else pack it up for you (you know best what you need)

5) Never pack it in your checked luggage. Carry it yourself on planes and on/off the ship.

5) Never pack it in your checked luggage. Carry it yourself on planes and on/off the ship.

BTW, on US flights a carry case with only an ordinary CPAP (and its tubing, etc) may

not be counted towards any carry-on limits unless it's "unreasonably" large.

"US Flights" doesn't, last I looked, include foreign code-share flights between foreign

airfields even if the ticket is a US ticket.

The last ships we were on had an outlet behind the tv that is unused. We brought our own power cord (think it was 10 ft), no surge protector, and plug in to that outlet. Beats the 100 ft, super duty power cable provided by the ship,

As mentioned before but to clarify, there is an outlet behind the bed "But you will need the 2 two round prong adapter" I bought a cube style converter off amazon that has multi types all in one. No long extension cords (for the CPAP) required this way.

BTW, on US flights a carry case with only an ordinary CPAP (and its tubing, etc) may

not be counted towards any carry-on limits unless it's "unreasonably" large.

"US Flights" doesn't, last I looked, include foreign code-share flights between foreign

airfields even if the ticket is a US ticket.

Thanks guys!! I forgot to mention both of those.:eek:

The outlet behind the bed is such a pain to get to and it’s so dirty back there. My husband is getting a travel CPAP so he won’t have to deal with cords or distilled water anymore. It’s not cheap but it’s a lot smaller and will be worth it in the long run.

The outlet behind the bed is such a pain to get to and it’s so dirty back there. My husband is getting a travel CPAP so he won’t have to deal with cords or distilled water anymore. It’s not cheap but it’s a lot smaller and will be worth it in the long run.

Where did he find the travel size?

What brand did he go with?

Which /brand did he end up going with?

Where did he find the travel size?

It’s a Resmed Air Mini. His sleep doctor actually recommended it. Like I said, it’s not cheap nor will insurance cover it. But no more humidifier and no more lugging around a big machine. He hasn’t received it yet.