Adventure St Martin - Operating or Not? Other Ideas?

taliho621

So we booked the excursion through RCI for our 12/30 Harmony cruise. But a couple of days ago, I got an e-mail from Royal Caribbean saying that the excursion has been cancelled for operational reasons. So I was trying to find some replacement ideas, and I found the excursion still being offered through Shore Excursioneer. I have not used this company before, so I have no knowledge of how legit they are.

So before I book this through an unknown third-party site, can anyone provide any feedback regarding this website? Legit or not?

And if we do not do this excursion, does anyone have any other suggestions? It will be me, my wife and 16 year old son. We don't want to just hang at a beach, and we don't want to spend the day riding around in a bus. Something active (but land-based) is our preference.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

No experience with Shore Excursioneer, but this article might give you some ideas. It was written by an editor of Cruise Critic and she mentions a few land-based options that are open including Rockland Estate Eco Park and Bell's Lookout Point. I don't have any personal experience with them, but they sounded interesting.

Unfortunately, the beaches are the main attraction now on St Maarten since those are the first things back. Land-based activities might still be a work in progress. Our stop with RCCL on Dec 25 includes an ATV and a Jeep tour, so maybe your stop has that as well?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8225

We will be here on 12/26 on the Grandeur. My excursion was cancelled as well (Amazing Race) and we are considering Rhino Riders or a beach trip to Kimsha Beach on Simpson's Bay. I am hoping there will be jet skis to rent, parasailing, etc. You may find with a third party that the activity is listed on their website, but when you contact them, they may give updated response that it is not running at all.

Edited by mary_228
clarification