7-13-17 Thursday Weigh-In.. Least It's Not A Friday!

Belle

Marine, thanks for sharing your routine. These treadmills go to a 30% incline. If I do a 28% on 4 miles an hour I burn around 600 calories. Even if that count is not right, I still burn a bunch.

Mike, I think the incline is crucial, you will burn a ton more calories. But, the speed is important too. You could always experiment. I think that anytime you can push yourself a little more, be it more resistance or speed or both, that is a good thing.

My 02.cents.

Diana

Thanks Diana. It's probably time to change things up I guess. My weight loss seems to have leveled out and it's rather depressing. I've always been of a mindset that it's better to go for a longer period of time at less intensity than to really push myself for less time. Maybe I'll do a little more experimenting! Thanks for your input. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Diana. It's probably time to change things up I guess. My weight loss seems to have leveled out and it's rather depressing. I've always been of a mindset that it's better to go for a longer period of time at less intensity than to really push myself for less time. Maybe I'll do a little more experimenting! Thanks for your input. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Try changing your time, speed and also incline. Up and down giving you a different routine every day.. Keep your routine fresh....

Try changing your time, speed and also incline. Up and down giving you a different routine every day.. Keep your routine fresh....

Thanks for the advice Rob. Cranked up speed and incline a little more last night. Will continue to play with it some to see what might really push me. My wife's been telling me for years that I need to change things up from time to time. I'll report back how the progress goes.

Mike

Bridgeport, WV

Hey Mike the idea behind it is if you stay on one pace at a set incline you can get bored or complacent.. If your trying to lose weight it s better to alter your incline and sppeds every few minutes, most newer treadmills will have a setting like this. I go to PF...(judgement free zone).. Before you do anything too stressful just be careful and don't overdo it.. Rob..