Size of laundry bag

laserboi

Hi All:

We have the option to take one free bag of laundry on our upcoming cruise. Does anyone have an idea as to the approximate size of the laundry bag?

Thanks

LB

The bag is 19" x 14.5" with a draw string at one end. I can usually get between 25-30 items of clothing in the bag.

Some people claim to have put close to 50 items in it, of course they did not specify how large they were. We have been able to put what ever we needed in to a bag, roll things up and you get more in it if only have one bag for your cruise, We are diamond members so not an issue for stuffing the bag, but you can fit quite a bit in it if you try.

I fit 54 items once... but that was a lot of undergarments, interspersed with pants, shorts, tee shirts...

Roll, stuff, and then add the small stuff at the end to fill in the spaces. You'd be surprised at how much you can cram in there.

I have a related "free laundry" question that I'm looking for clarification.

I'm not Diamond yet so I only get the free laundry once every 7 days benefit. I had not taken advantage of a second bag in the past on sailings of 8-13 days as I thought it was straight 7 day increments but I was told in my last cruise that it resets every 7 days so on day 8 I would be eligible to send laundry again on one of those sailings.

We have a 10 night Caribbean coming up and I'm trying to optimize our packing by figuring out the best packing strategy with two rounds of laundry. Is this so rigid that I cannot send our second bag down until day 8 (meaning we get it back the last full day of the cruise)? Or can I do my second bag at any time?

Seabourn Club could not give me a confident answer on this so I'm hoping someone here has personal experience with a second bag not falling within clean 7 day bands! The way it was quoted to me it sounded very rigid and while it seems like it should be flexible, I know how fun policy interpretation can get with the ladies in Seabourn Square.

I'm fairly certain - but fully prepared to be wrong on this one - that you can send your second bag at any time. The cruise duration is taken into account. They know you're eligible for two bags overall.

I have a related "free laundry" question that I'm looking for clarification.

I'm not Diamond yet so I only get the free laundry once every 7 days benefit. I had not taken advantage of a second bag in the past on sailings of 8-13 days as I thought it was straight 7 day increments but I was told in my last cruise that it resets every 7 days so on day 8 I would be eligible to send laundry again on one of those sailings.

We have a 10 night Caribbean coming up and I'm trying to optimize our packing by figuring out the best packing strategy with two rounds of laundry. Is this so rigid that I cannot send our second bag down until day 8 (meaning we get it back the last full day of the cruise)? Or can I do my second bag at any time?

Seabourn Club could not give me a confident answer on this so I'm hoping someone here has personal experience with a second bag not falling within clean 7 day bands! The way it was quoted to me it sounded very rigid and while it seems like it should be flexible, I know how fun policy interpretation can get with the ladies in Seabourn Square.

Hi Jenidallas, We did send out the second bag on day 8 previously. I have a vague recollection of putting it in earlier once and they honoured it but that was a few years ago. I think they have got stricter now though.

Cheers, Julie

On our recent trip they said x weeks = x number of bags and they didn’t care when. We actually did it for each of us (you get multiple benefit choices at that level) so we had double that. Probably didn’t need it all when push came to shove.

Hi Jenidallas, We did send out the second bag on day 8 previously. I have a vague recollection of putting it in earlier once and they honoured it but that was a few years ago. I think they have got stricter now though.

Cheers, Julie

Or if your partner is also entitled to the same benefit, get them to choose that too

This is his first Seabourn cruise so he has a ways to go to catch up to me. But with two sailings booked already, I suspect that process will be expedient. ;p

Thanks all for the speedy replies!