how do they do muster drills?

SeaBands

And yet periodically at the muster drill there is someone / some folks who apparently can't listen to the PA announcements and bring / wear their life jackets to the MDR. (We've had a few good laughs w/ certain of the crew, who can not be named to protect the innocent, about that....)

Exactly my experience as well - there are always those few who fail to listen to the crew instructions and either bring their life jackets to the drill or head to the muster station in advance of the announcement. As 2SailngNomads says I’m sure the crew have seen it all! I can’t figure out if these people don’t think the rules apply to them or are a bit dense.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's always someone who decides to be difficult. At our muster drill there was a huge commotion when a guest flatly refused to use the stairs because of a "disability" (he looked absolutely fine tripping the light fantastic that evening on the Club's dance floor). Crew members tried very politely to explain the guests aren't permitted to use the elevators in a drill (or real emergency for that matter) but he became abusive and I think they called security. I hope they gave him two options - cooperate or disembark.

I’m not sure what took place at your lifeboat drills but at all of ours they have always shown how to properly don a life vest and explained the procedures for where to proceed to a life boat and how . As Seabourn has so few passengers it is hard to get lost so I can’t believe any reasonably competent person could not find their way to their lifeboat after a few hours on the ship. And furthermore they have crew in all of the hallways and stairwells directing passengers during both the drill and the same would be true in a real emergency. And if you still don’t understand how to put on and fasten your life jacket they explicitly suggest you ask a crew member who will more than happy to instruct you. In the old days they did do muster on the deck complete with life jackets but felt it was dangerous as people often dragged their straps and created a potential tripping hazard. Count me in for feeling safe and informed with this current procedure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same at all of ours. Always very clear that if you need further help just ask a crew member.

I haven't done an outdoor complete with life jacket muster drill on SB, but when I last cruised with Silversea they were still doing it that way. And yes, people did let their straps dangle and drag despite being warned.