Egypt visas -- please provide your experience!!

I don't usually post on this board, but I know that RC has itineraries that include Egypt and I'm hoping some of you will help.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about whether cruise ship passengers to Egypt need to obtain their own visa or whether the ship will provide them with one. Sadly, cruise line reps and TAs seem to provide incorrect information to many. In the interest of collecting as much information as possible that will be helpful to future Egyptian cruisers, I'm asking everyone to please provide their own experience here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1008588

If you have done Egypt on Royal Caribbean (or another line) would you please take the time to share your visa experience (at the link listed) in order to help future travelers?

Thanks, much appreciated!

We did Egypt on the Legend in '07. We had the same problem you

did with not getting answers or getting different answers prior to the

cruise. In the end the cruiseline did provide our visas. We had a

private tour and it was great.

Hi,

Have just got back from Eastern Med on Legend including Egypt.

Nothing to worry about, they collect your passports on boarding and get them stamped for you and then you collect them the day before arriving all stamped. You get a note in your cabin with your Cruise News the day before you need to pick them up saying where you collect them from. With us it was the dining room.

Berwyn

PS

We also had a form to fill in if we were taking a video camera ashore with us. Nobody ashore asked about it. I was expecting some sort of charge for using it say around the Pyramids and Sphinx.

Ours is quite plain :-(. Last year my son had a lovely colourful stamp. But he had to pay for it as he was flying in to Luxor and was staying 2 weeks.

One bit of advice though. Don't bother with getting Egyptian pounds before you go. All they want is either U.S. $ or Euros. So just make sure you have plenty of 1$ bills and Euros. It totally confused them last week both in Egypt and Turkey when we produced their own currency.

Berwyn

We cruised on the Brilliance in March and had the same experience as Cymro 1953. They collected our passports upon boarding we collected them the day before we got to Egypt. There was a stamp on the back page.

Same experience as Cymro and cruisingnewyorkers on our Brilliance Egypt stop in Jan 09.

We cruised on the Brilliance in March and had the same experience as Cymro 1953. They collected our passports upon boarding we collected them the day before we got to Egypt. There was a stamp on the back page.

Same experience here! No charge, no hassle. We were on a private tour, but the same thing happens for ship's tour or no tour.

ps....Hi Donna!

Archived