Liquor store near Manhattan cruise port

x98bjv

Where's the closest place to the Manhattan cruise port (Carnival) to buy wine to take onboard the ship? Is there one in the terminal like when you board in San Juan? That was so convenient!

I live in NYC and I always rely on Yelp for these sort of questions. It let's you search by area - or use the map to zoom in to specific blocks - and by looking through the reviews you get a decent idea.

Just to clarify, if you want wine, you should be looking for a wine store. Liquor stores will have wine and vice versa, but they tend to specialize.

From a search I ran, looks like there are several options on 10th and 9th avenues:

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=wine+store&find_loc=New+York%2C+NY&ns=1#start=0&l=g:-73.98663282394409,40.77021859852671,-74.00010824203491,40.76209278308003

• 1 year later...

In October I search for two wine shops near the terminal which had been shown on one of the older threads. One was still there; the other wasn't. But I did discover a fairly new wine store at 785 10th Avenue, which was more than adequate, and a reasonable walk from the cruise terminal. It's called Cellar 53with a web site of cellar53wine. You still pay NYC prices, but the selection is good, and the staff was very helpful. I was heading back to the ship and stumbled across it.

I'm adding this to this thread in case someone needs the info.