Anyone Remember When Cruise Critic Was Free?

I can remember some cruises ago when i didn't even know what CC was when i was sitting at "Royal Caribbean Online" and i saw Cruise Critic was under the free sites that you could go and visit for free without having to pay. Anyone else remember this? Or even better anyone know why they got rid of this cool perk?

Chris, are you serious? You mean you could go to CC for free from a ship? Yeah I don't remember that. But I bet I know why they would get rid of it. If people are going to complain about the ships while they are on them, at least they have to do it on their own dime. ;):D

Chris, are you serious? You mean you could go to CC for free from a ship? Yeah I don't remember that. But I bet I know why they would get rid of it. If people are going to complain about the ships while they are on them, at least they have to do it on their own dime. ;):D

Yeah i remember it like it was yesterday! It was at the bottom of the welcome screen along with www.rccl.com www.freedomoftheseas.com and others in fact its still listed there its just not free anymore! That's what i was thinking but then on the other side people like me who post live from a ship and have usually a good experience have to pay to post.

Chris, I don't remember it being free since I've joined CC. I know I've definitely had to pay for all my live from threads.

I would have been back in 2004 and 2005 maybe even 2006. I know you joined in 2005 but have you been posting live since then?

I would have been back in 2004 and 2005 maybe even 2006. I know you joined in 2005 but have you been posting live since then?

First live from thread was in early 2006

I don't ever remember anything free! :D But on the serious side with the evolution of technology, new systems and contracts, a lot of perks fall to the wayside. I feel blessed that we don't have to pay to be a member on CC. Thank you CC!

;Yes, CC was free to use at one time...and not just on RCCL ships.

I remember when our Princess cruise was rerouted and delayed because of a hurricane. I got on a few times to post here about what was going on, and to tell the next passengers that they were losing a couple of cruise days because we were going to be delayed getting into port.;)

Yes, CC was free previously on board RCCL ships. Also, RCCL's web site, too. Do they charge you to go to their own web site now? I can't remember.

yes, RCCL, =X= and C&A are free access.....or at least they were in Feb!

Yes, logging onto Cruise Critic was free while onboard in the beginning. Then RCCL became wise to the fact that from the 'free' cruise critic site, you could access the entire web by simply typing in a new web address and you were surfing for free.

i remember it at the bottom, but never free....

So Chris, you conned mom and dad into letting you out of school to go on mariner again????

Well yes but we have a day off of school that week so i will not be missing that much!

Chris, I have an off-topic question for you. What in the World are you doing to Bennie in that signature picture of yours?

Actually thats not me. I believe it was PATTYG12 she took Bennie to the Ship Shape Spa and took a picture of Bennie. I was just thinking about how funny that picture looks and i think i might change it. ;)

Actually thats not me. I believe it was PATTYG12 she took Bennie to the Ship Shape Spa and took a picture of Bennie. I was just thinking about how funny that picture looks and i think i might change it. ;)

LOL. Yea, your pictures scroll too fast to really get a get look at it. It looks like a bloody finger between his legs. :eek:

Yes, CC was free previously on board RCCL ships. Also, RCCL's web site, too. Do they charge you to go to their own web site now? I can't remember.

I was able to use the RCCL website last week to look up cruises while I was on the EX. The site was free. I even gave my friend the info and she booked a cruise.

Well im glad someone can remember when CC was free. I dont know what ship it was on or why they changed it but it was free at one time and im glad someone remember that too! Maybe some one at CC can tell us what happened?

Archived