Posh pass on Epic

sheila59

Last year when we boarded the Epic I tried to get the Posh Pass but they were all sold out, has anyone purchased one recently and if so I have forgotten where we had to go to purchase it? I remember people looking at me as if I was mad when I was trying to find out where to go. I really want to try that this year, also I think it was just under $60 for a week what would it cost for 13 nights?

Sorry you missed out on Posh last time. We purchased our bands at the front desk. It was worth every cent. In fact the DH spent more time there than I did since I enjoyed the spa amenities and he was the one who said are you sure it is worth it. Hope you have better luck this time.

May I ask? what is the POSH PASS?

Posh is the Haven private sun deck. It is open for about 20 non-suite guests per cruise at a fee. I have never sailed on the Epic, but I have read it is well worth the money. We plan on spending loads of time there in January on the cruise.

You may want to board as early as you can and head to guest services and get passes unless you are in a suite. All suites on the Epic have access.

http://www2.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/onboard/drink#tab_detail

Edited by Nalagh

Posh is the Haven private sun deck. It is open for about 20 non-suite guests per cruise at a fee. I have never sailed on the Epic, but I have read it is well worth the money. We plan on spending loads of time there in January on the cruise.

You may want to board as early as you can and head to guest services and get passes unless you are in a suite. All suites on the Epic have access.

\

just happened to stumble into this thread and glad I did. had no idea about the posh pass. thanks for the info. Def sounds likes something we will try to purchase if available on our date near end of September.

Hi Nalagh, we only have Mini Suites and I don't think they count. How early can you board the ship, I will make sure we board early, last year we boarded about 12.30pm but was sent to different areas for the pass, some staff looked at me as if I was mad when I asked about it, they hadnt a clue what it was:)

I loved POSH They offer a super lunch Try the seared Tuna sandwich The comfy chairs and beds were great Plus it is quiet for reading

Go to guest servicesto get it on first day

For us it was closed in MED but opened for Transat.

Hi Nalagh, we only have Mini Suites and I don't think they count. How early can you board the ship, I will make sure we board early, last year we boarded about 12.30pm but was sent to different areas for the pass, some staff looked at me as if I was mad when I asked about it, they hadnt a clue what it was:)

You are right, a mini suite does not grant access, but you can still try to be first at guest services to get a pass. Make sure that you use the latitudes line to get on, and ask a latitudes rep where you can find them if you get the "what" run around. :)

The Posh pass is worth the money. We had lunch and snacks up there and there is a bar open just for that area. From being "spritzed" with water when we were hot to the exceptional customer service it was fantastic. Guest Services keys your card for entrance so the band is not nessecary. We took our bands along the first day or two in case there were questions and no one ever asked about it. You do not have access to the suite pool area only the two level outside deck.

Posh is a great place to hang on a sea day. I wish NCL would try and jump start some nightlife in the area as the original planners had visioned.

But if you ever want a quiet, romanitc and very private place to hang at night, Posh is the place cause no one is around.

My suggestion is moving the Captains party there rather than Epic Lounge.

Posh is a great place to hang on a sea day. I wish NCL would try and jump start some nightlife in the area as the original planners had visioned.

But if you ever want a quiet, romanitc and very private place to hang at night, Posh is the place cause no one is around.

My suggestion is moving the Captains party there rather than Epic Lounge.

that's an awesome idea David!

I have never sailed on the Epic, and it has been a few years since I have sailed from Miami. We went through security and then through the main building and there was a woman with a clipboard just before the lines for everyone. We gave her our e-docs and pointed us to the latitudes line.

To be granted access all you need is 1 prior sailing with NCL. The Epic may work differently, as may the Pearl now.

Is the posh pass and latitudes line just on the Epic or might this also be true for Jade. We will be in a penthouse suite on Jade, but nothing I've read mentions being able to be on a private sun deck.

Posh is only on the Epic

Not quite as hard to get a place in Posh (20 non-suite) as it is to get the 12 only Chef's special dinner.

Please answer a few questions about Posh. thanks

Is the seared tuna mentioned above or other meal there included in the cost, or is it a la carte? Is there a salad bar, too?

Is there any shade?

Does anyone know where do you sign up for the Chef's meal? At the table for specialty restaurants?

Posh is an outside lounge area that is fairly large. They have padded chairs and loungers and lots of shade umbrellas. They also have a bar. They are not a restaurant, although I heard you can order a few things from the bar or have them delivered.

1609-vi.jpg

1615-vi.jpg

1633-vi.jpg

Sdmike, NCL should start giving you free sailings, you are such a great source of information about NCL. Thank you for giving us all the info. They are great pics!

By the way does anyone know the price of the Posh Pass?

Edited by sheila59

Not quite as hard to get a place in Posh (20 non-suite) as it is to get the 12 only Chef's special dinner.

Please answer a few questions about Posh. thanks

Is the seared tuna mentioned above or other meal there included in the cost, or is it a la carte? Is there a salad bar, too?

You can just ask them at the bar for a menu.

They will take your order and yes, the Ahi Tuna burger is one of the best ever.

No additional charges for the food up there.

Is the posh pass and latitudes line just on the Epic or might this also be true for Jade. We will be in a penthouse suite on Jade, but nothing I've read mentions being able to be on a private sun deck.

There is a beautiful Haven on the Jade that has a sundeck, but it is not the same as posh and you may not buy passes. It is just a private sundeck over the Haven for all haven suites cat. S1-S5. The PH's and 2 bedroom Family suites SC, SE and SF do not include the haven or private sundeck. You will however have Cagney's for breakfast and lunch, a concierge and a butler.

You should have a priority line as you are in a suite, which will cut down on the waiting to to board. There should also be a latitudes line as well.

I hope you have a wonderful trip on the Jade!:)

• 3 months later...
I have never sailed on the Epic, and it has been a few years since I have sailed from Miami. We went through security and then through the main building and there was a woman with a clipboard just before the lines for everyone. We gave her our e-docs and pointed us to the latitudes line.

To be granted access all you need is 1 prior sailing with NCL. The Epic may work differently, as may the Pearl now.

Those people with the clipboards are not always right, I was in the Haven & had not read I was suppose to go to VIP check-in so I showed 2 different woman actually with clipboards my e-doc's and they sent us to the regular check-in (I kept saying to my husband I think we get to stand in a shorter line for the price we paid), then when I got to check-in they were very apologetic & took us to the VIP lounge. I was good, no big deal, either way I was going on a cruise :D This March I know the ropes :p