Show Us Your.......Cabin Door!

firstmate63

I would contend that "sorry" does not stand on its own. What exactly would I be sorry about?

Enjoy your cruise.

You should both be sorry for hijacking this thread. Let it go already.

firstmate, here are some of the magnets I've made for our cruises. We've always received positive comments about them while on the ship, and they're great reminders for us after we return home.

100998505_doorsign-nyc.jpg.a9c419eec5f82063466f8faa415787e4.jpg

885717415_doorsign25th.jpg.72534a8369a4e0625c4be6e404112402.jpg

213463998_doorsignAK.jpg.42266a8b8d6b1a162a26484861f397f4.jpg

1016181801_doorsignCarib.jpg.fbe882e75eb3ef24397185b7ebd6b4a7.jpg

If it's in the wrong thread I'm sure one of the board monitors will move it to the right one. I like the idea of 'fashionable doors' :D

Of course they will. It's just strange to have started the thread here in the first place.

I don't decorate the whole door' date=' but I always create a custom magnet online through Vista Print. They are roughly 20 x 25 cm in size, and you can use one of their layouts or create your own.[/quote']

I do the same, my magnet page is the cruise critic logo and my user name. Sticks to the door, no muss, no fuss.

• 2 weeks later...

We were not planning on decorating our doors but my family has 30 people going taking up 11 rooms and we were planning on bring dry erase boards in order to locate each other.

We were not planning on decorating our doors but my family has 30 people going taking up 11 rooms and we were planning on bring dry erase boards in order to locate each other.

My door on Westerdam would not hold a magnet.

Only when our cruise line had a university group did I ever see these tacky door decorations and they were swiftly removed by housekeeping.:D

What cruise line would remove a persons door decorations unless they were obscene or rude?

We've cruised on three different lines & have seen door decorations on all of them..:confused:

My DH could get lost if I was not with him, therefore I normally carry a small 6 X 6 photo of our dog & tie it on to our mailbox.. I'm with DH 99% of the time but don't want to take a chance of him becoming lost..

Have been trying to upload one I created for one of our Thanksgiving Cruises but it exceeds the forum size & I don't know how to adjust it.. The picture was 6 X 6 of our dog with an orange border & said "Happy Thanksgiving from Brandy" I tied it onto our mailbox with orange ribbon..

I also made one for our Friends, with their Dogs picture who were next door.. That way both DH's were able to find our cabins without getting lost../SIZE]

Edited by serendipity1499

• 2 weeks later...

We usually make an image and have it printed on a large magnet from VistaPrint. We also make up small business card size magnets and place them around our door and on random places on the ship so people can take them. Trying to decide now what this years will be.

What cruise line would remove a persons door decorations unless they were obscene or rude?

We've cruised on three different lines & have seen door decorations on all of them..:confused:

My DH could get lost if I was not with him, therefore I normally carry a small 6 X 6 photo of our dog & tie it on to our mailbox.. I'm with DH 99% of the time but don't want to take a chance of him becoming lost..

Have been trying to upload one I created for one of our Thanksgiving Cruises but it exceeds the forum size & I don't know how to adjust it.. The picture was 6 X 6 of our dog with an orange border & said "Happy Thanksgiving from Brandy" I tied it onto our mailbox with orange ribbon..

I also made one for our Friends, with their Dogs picture who were next door.. That way both DH's were able to find our cabins without getting lost../SIZE]

I assume it is a mass market thing as we have never seen them on the premium lines.:D:D:D

DH and I are renewing our vows on our Alaska cruise in September. I have never decorated our door before, but this time I am making a sign with an Alaskan theme and a bride and groom and wedding invitation on it. I am making some wedding theme magnets to hold it on the door.

Just fun!

Edited by calisilent

Actually, the "but" takes the place of a comma. Just sayin" :rolleyes:

From an English teacher: No, no, no, the word "but" is a conjunction -- it cannot take the place of a comma. Cannot.

In this case, "Sorry" is used as an introductory word. The second half of the sentence is an independent clause; that is, it contains a subject and a verb and expresses a complete thought. As such, the independent clause needs to be set apart with a comma.

Alternately, you could consider it a tag question, or you could consider it extraneous information, but in no case is omitting the comma correct.

I suggest you bring sticky notes instead of dry erase boards. They don't require cleaning, and passing teenagers won't erase anything.

Off-topic: The best thing we've done when traveling with a group was to ask the cabin steward to "open up" our balcony dividers. This meant we could leave our balcony doors unlocked and could go from room to room without going out into the hallway. Of course, you may not have a row of balcony cabins, so this tip may be useless.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...