A little confused about Alchemy Bar

They definitely can and will customize. Alchemy is our favorite pre-dinner spot. They can even do non-alcoholic creations. Just tell them what you like/don't like. My DH watches his sugar pretty closely so he asks for drinks to have no simple syrup and not too sweet.

Never tried not did I ever see anyone trying to get a margarita at the alchemy bar. Though I love the martini's and that a sidecar is listed. I personally will be planning on a lot of martini's with my cheers package. Just hope it isn't so crowded that I don't get the chance to order enough.

One more question :)

The pictures show the bar and then a semi circle of seats away from the bar seats. If you are not sitting at the bar and get one of the other seats is there a server or do you walk up to the bar and get your own drink?

Thanks.

It all depends on how busy they are. At the busiest time, there will be two bartender's crafting drinks and a server walking around. If it's slow, there could only be 1 bartender.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I'll look to see if there is a server, I hate stiffing them by going to the bar if they are working in that area.

Also can you take your drink to go? The glasses aren't special are they and need to stay at that bar?

I'll look to see if there is a server, I hate stiffing them by going to the bar if they are working in that area.

Also can you take your drink to go? The glasses aren't special are they and need to stay at that bar?

Feel free to get your crafted concoction and take a stroll.

Yea we didn't get to go to it on our cruise last year and they are putting it on the Breeze right now so we plan to give it a proper welcome aboard the ship. I have 12 drinks targeted there for exploring plus an additional 3 that I may try. My list has grown to 66 mixed drinks or shots to try during our cruise. Going to get the max out of the Cheers program that I can.

I was on Inspiration last week and at Alchemy every night. Tried everything on their menu. They DO have a revved up margarita, and it was divine!!!! Also, if you tell them to surprise you with a premium tequila drink, they'll make something up as well.

Blue Iguana margaritas are not fit to pour down the toilet even if they use top quality tequila. They use a powdered mix for their base which is disgusting and should be illegal.

Best drink at Alchemy, and probably at sea is the Cucumber Sunrise. Worth going on a Carnival Cruise for. Outstanding.

When I was on the Sunshine they would not serve anything but Martinis. They told them to go to another bar, including beer, wine, mixed drinks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

They are not a full service bar, they do not have beer, wine or a rum and coke.

But, they will craft you a cocktail that is not a martini using a base alcohol of rum, tequila, Crown Royal, etc.

One more question :)

The pictures show the bar and then a semi circle of seats away from the bar seats. If you are not sitting at the bar and get one of the other seats is there a server or do you walk up to the bar and get your own drink?

Thanks.

Just off the Conquest yesterday and before both early and late dinner, the bar got really packed. They had 2 dedicated bartenders and 1 server that also was able to mix the drinks as well. If you sat on the outer section, the server would take your order, make the drinks and bring them to you. Obviously as things got hectic...and certainly..after befriending a number of people that become regulars, others would allow you to slip between their seats and order a drink as well. It all worked very well.

Just off the Conquest yesterday and before both early and late dinner, the bar got really packed. They had 2 dedicated bartenders and 1 server that also was able to mix the drinks as well. If you sat on the outer section, the server would take your order, make the drinks and bring them to you. Obviously as things got hectic...and certainly..after befriending a number of people that become regulars, others would allow you to slip between their seats and order a drink as well. It all worked very well.

Thanks for the details, it does sound like other bars that are fairly near the dining rooms on many ships.

When I was on the Sunshine they would not serve anything but Martinis. They told them to go to another bar, including beer, wine, mixed drinks.

A true martini is gin or vodka and vermouth. They serve a lot more than that. They also serve many drinks on their menu that aren't poured into martini type glasses. They also have a Moscow Mule, which is not a martini.

No, they do not serve beer, wine or typical mixed drinks. The Alchemy Bar is a martini type bar, that uses higher end alcohol for speciality drinks, most only made at that specific bar.

A true martini is gin or vodka and vermouth. They serve a lot more than that. They also serve many drinks on their menu that aren't poured into martini type glasses. They also have a Moscow Mule, which is not a martini.

No, they do not serve beer, wine or typical mixed drinks. The Alchemy Bar is a martini type bar, that uses higher end alcohol for speciality drinks, most only made at that specific bar.

This is true. They are very creative with their drinks. I have never ordered off the menu I just tell them to make what ever they want. I have never been disappointed.