Caribbean Cruise in Nov?

Cruising for the first time? Our members will have you cruising like a pro in no time! Don't forget to read our 8000 reviews written by first timers just like you!
First Time Cruisers
You May Also Want to Read: Over 9,000 Published Cruise Reviews by First Time Cruisers

Best advice for first-time cruisers; learn how to pick a cabin, find the best cruise bargain, tips on what to pack.

Browse Cruise Critic's First Time Cruiser Resources (articles)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:30 PM.
North Carolina
670 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Our 7-day cruise out of San Juan in January on Carnival was probably the best vacation ever. You've not cruised Carnival before, so your idea that they are a "party" cruiseline is based on rumors. Like one other person said, it's what you make of it. I'm 49 and my husband is 59. Our cruise was romantic and quiet - except for the nights we led the crowd at the Piano Bar! LOL!
The water was so warm. We were swimming in the ocean in the middle of January. I loved Barbados and St Kitts. Hope to do this itin again!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
November 2019: Cuba here we come on the Carnival Sensation!
August 2017: Carnival Victory review Miami/Key West/Cozumel: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2537507
January 2011: Carnival Victory review/Southern Caribbean: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...0156&highlight
May 2004: Carnival Fascination to the Bahamas
August 2002: Princess to Alaska
Stone Mountain GA
9,910 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
My first cruise was for a friends wedding- a three day cruise (party cruise) didn't mind the drunks, they were entertaining (I am a friend of Bill W-27 years now) so I don't drink, my idea of a party, is sitting next to my sweet DH, talking with people we meet on cruises-

Second cruise-7 day- to Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. This was our honeymoon (and we are old folks) , so our excursions were laid back, and you know I still keep in touch with a woman I met on that ship, we email each other every other day-
friends for life now.

Now we are looking forward to our 13th cruise-all with Carnival. Don't be afraid of the party-be afraid you might miss out in life. There were so many things that I should have tried, (took my bad attitude 20 years to get to Disney)-

my suggestion-book a 5-7 day cruise, not during holidays, research your ports-and don't book an interior and you will be amazed-
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
Cunard-Queen Mary 1961 NY to Cherbourg
Cunard-Queen Elizabeth 1963 Cherbourg to NY
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06
Carnival- Sensation-10/08
Carnival- Legend 01/10, 9/12, 9/16
Carnival- Fascination 12/10,11/11,10/13,11/14, 9/15
Carnival-Elation 1/14, 1/16, 11/17

I will try one thing today,
that I have never done before,
and when I have finished something new,
I'll go try one thing more.
aem

"Hurray for ships!.....Let us keep them alive as a token of love,to make the last romantics happy. Let us use them to cure the depressed. Let us prescribe sea journeys..." Tiziano Terzani

America-It doesn't matter what ship our ancestors came here on, we're all in the same boat now.

[/url]