Toilets on Bus Excursions - Iconic Western Mediterranean

Venom01

Hello,

I presently have a medical condition that requires me to have access to a toilet at times. I want to book some of the excursions, but Viking has told me that they can't guarantee if there will be a toilet on the excursion bus. They mentioned that they can't give any more details and closed the lines of communication.

I just emailed the tellus@vikingcruises.com to see if they can help.

We are taking the Iconic Western Mediterranean cruise. Does anyone have any input or suggestions?

I took the very first Viking Ocean cruise from Istanbul to Stockholm (50 days) and I have taken one, 23 day river cruise. I only took included tours on both cruises. I was never on a bus that had a toilet with one exception and that toilet was locked and we could not use it. I would not count on having a toilet on the bus.

I took the very first Viking Ocean cruise from Istanbul to Stockholm (50 days) and I have taken one, 23 day river cruise. I only took included tours on both cruises. I was never on a bus that had a toilet with one exception and that toilet was locked and we could not use it. I would not count on having a toilet on the bus.

Absolutely no question about it. You cannot count on an accessible toilet on the bus.

Hello,

I presently have a medical condition that requires me to have access to a toilet at times. I want to book some of the excursions, but Viking has told me that they can't guarantee if there will be a toilet on the excursion bus. They mentioned that they can't give any more details and closed the lines of communication.

I just emailed the tellus@vikingcruises.com to see if they can help.

We are taking the Iconic Western Mediterranean cruise. Does anyone have any input or suggestions?

Viking uses local contractors in each port and must use the buses supplied by those contractors; they have no control over the bathroom situation and thus cannot guarantee you buses with toilets.

The only other option would be private tours.

I agree that organising your own private tours is going to be your most comfortable option. We did this cruise as the second leg of Mediterranean Explorations at the start of the year...our group sat at the back of the bus for every tour we took and a number of the buses did have a toilet tucked neatly away in the rear stairwell area...we never saw anyone use them and more importantly none of the tour guides or drivers ever mentioned that they were there or offered them as an option.