Mini bar contents

marylovestotravel

DV with SSBP— no alcohol in minibar.

Nor can you request water or juice for minibar.

Only soda-which seems weird considering Viking’s demographic.

All boomers I know do not drink soda-diet or otherwise. Unless perhaps ginger beer for a mule.

If Viking wants to stay current I would think they would drop the soda and add some flavored sparkling water-Dasani or similar. Plus the option of juice in the minibar, especially if you have purchased upgraded beverage package.

Personally, I would be upset if they took away the soda. We are soda drinkers. It seems everywhere you travel the main emphasis is on coffee and alcohol. We don't drink it and never have. Guests can get coffee all day long for free but soda is only allowed free at meal time. A soda is nice to have as we sit out on the balcony relaxing after a heavy day of touring. I am sure that we are not alone.

We were hoping there might be an option to get iced tea, either bottled or a pitcher with our mini bar. Has anyone asked for this?

Actually, in all the minibar discussions so far, iced tea has not come up. Someone is going to have to ask. I don't think that it will be a minbar item per se because bottled iced tea isn't on the minibar man's cart. If it can be done, it will probably come through the room steward.

However, iced tea is available self-serve in the World Cafe and can always be gotten at the bars (no charge, just like coffee). If you can get an empty bottle, you can keep yourself in iced tea.

We were hoping there might be an option to get iced tea, either bottled or a pitcher with our mini bar. Has anyone asked for this?

If enough people ask for iced tea in advance, through their TA, I would think it will be provided in the future.

I will ask today.

• Like 1

Actually, in all the minibar discussions so far, iced tea has not come up. Someone is going to have to ask. I don't think that it will be a minbar item per se because bottled iced tea isn't on the minibar man's cart. If it can be done, it will probably come through the room steward.

However, iced tea is available self-serve in the World Cafe and can always be gotten at the bars (no charge, just like coffee). If you can get an empty bottle, you can keep yourself in iced tea.

Good to know! We’ll be fine with getting our own.

• 1 month later...
I'm interested in this too. Left notes in my mini-bar that were ignored :)

What's the protocol?

On the Sky in January, I called Guest Services 3 times to get the items in the mini-bar restocked....no special requests, it just hadn’t been properly stocked when we arrived - quite likely due to a very late arrival for the ship into port due to bad weather on the last day of the inbound cruise. It took 3 calls across the first two days to get it stocked. After the third phone call around lunch time on the second day, the mini-bar folks showed up and stocked the sodas and mini-alcohol bottles, along with the mini candy bars. someone stopped by every day to check to be sure they were still there or to see if we needed replacements.

If enough people ask for iced tea in advance, through their TA, I would think it will be provided in the future.

We always ask our steward for iced tea and it's then stocked throughout the cruise. It was cans of peach flavored iced tea. Wish they had cran-apple juice as well, but the tea was fine.

Our experience with the mini-bar crew on the Star recently was very good. Restocked each day as expected. The first day we left a note near the mini bar indicating our preferences. The mini-bar crew moved our "request list" to the tray inside the mini-bar after the first day, and it stayed there as a reminder for them for the rest of our 14 night B2B.

We were pleased with the mini-bar service. I guess, like anything, it can be hit or miss. It was a hit for us. :)

Sorry to hear that there seems to be some inconsistency in service levels.

• 4 years later...
57 minutes ago, bassethounddog said:

Just off of Viking Sea. The mini bar contained Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Tonic Water, nuts and two small milk chocolate bars. 89E03AF0-9CD0-4007-9ECC-ADD78FF294A1.thumb.jpeg.84ea87be37768d5160c1eeb54da62a39.jpeg

PV cabins and above include a selection of alcohol beverages...

As was said above, it is a mix of rail-level liquor. I recall the gin being Beefeaters and the vodka being Smirnoff. Think there is wine too.

Edited by Haqdeluxe
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Haqdeluxe said:

PV cabins and above include a selection of alcohol beverages...

As was said above, it is a mix of rail-level liquor. I recall the gin being Beefeaters and the vodka being Smirnoff. Think there is wine too.

No wine except the initial bubly which is not replenished. Two cans of beer (Carlsburg). Bacardi rum and Dewars? scotch. You can mix and match. We would opt for two gin and two rum.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, duquephart said:

No wine except the initial bubly which is not replenished. Two cans of beer (Carlsburg). Bacardi rum and Dewars? scotch. You can mix and match. We would opt for two gin and two rum.

You can ask to replace the liquor with wine. We always request a bottle of Cabernet and a bottle of Pinot Grigio which are replaced as needed.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Yes, sounds right. Yes on the custom mix on all that is offered. We would do it too, our own choices on the liquor and soda.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, janetcbl said:

You can ask to replace the liquor with wine. We always request a bottle of Cabernet and a bottle of Pinot Grigio which are replaced as needed.

It's nice to have that option....we would do the same....:-)......Thanks