All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

Looking way back at the first few pages of this post there is lots of talk about bad vibrations on The Pride. Is this still the case? We are booked for this May and have always had a aft balcony. This will be our first cruise departing from so far north. The seas have always been fairly smooth on previous cruises. Should I now be worried about a vibration also?

We sailed in a Aft balcony 4239 I believe this past December. Absolutely no vibrations. I LOVED the room, the location, the room Steward. Will watch for another sale this year, but prices have been so high lately for the Pride.

We sailed in a Aft balcony 4239 I believe this past December. Absolutely no vibrations. I LOVED the room, the location, the room Steward. Will watch for another sale this year, but prices have been so high lately for the Pride.

We were Vista suite 4237, right next your cabin in October and the vibration was insane. Couldn't get a solid night's sleep in either the bedroom or the couch. Perhaps they've finally fixed the ongoing vibration problems?

I sure hope they do something with the internet. We just got off Pride yesterday. I had the social plan. It was terrible. Worked best early am, after that not so good. There were quite a few people complaining about it. The bright side of things -- friends must be happy I couldn't torment them with the pics.

I sure hope they do something with the internet. We just got off Pride yesterday. I had the social plan. It was terrible. Worked best early am, after that not so good. There were quite a few people complaining about it. The bright side of things -- friends must be happy I couldn't torment them with the pics.

Oh no!

Were you able to get on Facebook at all?

Do you recall how it worked:

1) While you hugged the US coast on your way to the Caribbean

2) While at port and on Grand Turk

3) While at port and on Half Moon Cay

4) While at port and on Freeport

Thanks for any input

Unfortunately, nothing specific!

One thing that will be happening on the Pride is the removal of the French doors from all of the 4K cabins. They are being replaced by windows, so no more fresh air for these cabins after the Feb 2019 dry dock. If you have one booked for after the dry dock, call Carnival to see what your options may be.

One thing that will be happening on the Pride is the removal of the French doors from all of the 4K cabins. They are being replaced by windows, so no more fresh air for these cabins after the Feb 2019 dry dock. If you have one booked for after the dry dock, call Carnival to see what your options may be.

What's your source for this update? That's my favorite type of cabin and I will be quite sad if the doors go away.

Lisa

What's your source for this update? That's my favorite type of cabin and I will be quite sad if the doors go away.

Lisa

It has been confirmed by Carnival customer service and John Heald. They are keeping it very quiet and not changing the description on the Carnival website until after each ship goes into dry dock. So even though Carnival knows that the 4K rooms on the Pride will be gone after Feb 2019, they will not change it on the website until the change has occurred. Without the knowledge of what they are planning on doing, people are still booking these rooms past that date with no idea the cabin will be changed. I discovered all of this after the recent Legend dry dock.

Good to know..I've only stayed in a balcony and had been looking into these cabins for future cruises.

I'll see if I can find out any more drydock updates when I go in Sept.:D

Oh no!

Were you able to get on Facebook at all?

Do you recall how it worked:

1) While you hugged the US coast on your way to the Caribbean

2) While at port and on Grand Turk

3) While at port and on Half Moon Cay

4) While at port and on Freeport

Thanks for any input

Yes, but I gave up on the pictures.

After waiting a couple weeks to get a reply from Carnival corporate, I still have not gotten any response. I called again and was told that they are still looking at the situation, but also told not to expect anything to change. So I just want to get out the information that Carnival is keeping quiet. The 4K rooms on the Pride will have the doors removed in early Feb 2019 cabins dry dock. Carnival won't change the description of those cabins until after the dry dock. That means if you book a 4K cabin for a cruise on the Pride for anytime after mid-Feb 2019, you will NOT have the French doors in your cabin as advertised on the Carnival site. I will not be contacting Carnival any further regarding this situation and won't post about the subject on this thread again unless Carnival contacts me with further information.

After waiting a couple weeks to get a reply from Carnival corporate, I still have not gotten any response. I called again and was told that they are still looking at the situation, but also told not to expect anything to change. So I just want to get out the information that Carnival is keeping quiet. The 4K rooms on the Pride will have the doors removed in early Feb 2019 cabins dry dock. Carnival won't change the description of those cabins until after the dry dock. That means if you book a 4K cabin for a cruise on the Pride for anytime after mid-Feb 2019, you will NOT have the French doors in your cabin as advertised on the Carnival site. I will not be contacting Carnival any further regarding this situation and won't post about the subject on this thread again unless Carnival contacts me with further information.

I just looked at the website and on the Legend, the 4Ks are now described as an interior with obstructed views. Fingers crossed they remain classified as an interior room!

Lisa

I just looked at the website and on the Legend' date=' the 4Ks are now described as an interior with obstructed views. Fingers crossed they remain classified as an interior room!

Lisa[/quote']

Yes, they will remain as the same room classification due to the extreme obstruction. If you're lucky, you might get a bit of a view, but they will all have sunlight.

Can kids go in to any of the bars with parents. Mostly wondering about piano bar and red frog pub.

Yes. I have a few pictures of my 7 year old saddled up to the bar with grandpa in the Red Frog Pub on our last cruise. He loved the Red Frog Pub for the games and music. He actually called it the game room because we'd play Foosball, shuffleboard, and games we brought from home (Uno, dice, cards) there while listening to music. He also enjoyed a night in the piano bar with us (early before it got a rated PG-13).

Bottom line, your child can go where ever you go, except the Serenity Deck and the Spa.