Anyone going on the Celtic Thunder cruise?

puzzums

Is anyone else going on the CT cruise in Nov/14 having difficulty getting booked? The CT booking team told me I would have my personalized booking link emailed to me a couple of days ago, but I still have nothing. Should I be worried? They are also not responding to my email asking for an update re what is happening.

I was also really hoping to get booking finalized so that I could pay for the cabin before the Canadian dollar tanks any further.

I realize they have a monumental task getting everyone who put a predeposit down organized, but I'm starting to get concerned that I've fallen through the cracks. Anyone else feeling that way?

Thanks, all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I cannot find anything on the web site about pricing. Do you know where to find that info?

Jen

Is anyone else going on the CT cruise in Nov/14 having difficulty getting booked? The CT booking team told me I would have my personalized booking link emailed to me a couple of days ago, but I still have nothing. Should I be worried? They are also not responding to my email asking for an update re what is happening.

I was also really hoping to get booking finalized so that I could pay for the cabin before the Canadian dollar tanks any further.

I realize they have a monumental task getting everyone who put a predeposit down organized, but I'm starting to get concerned that I've fallen through the cracks. Anyone else feeling that way?

Thanks, all!

• 2 months later...

I emailed the CT ticket reservations, asking about seating order in the main theater based on booking order as well as who will be performing in the main theater. The response from CT was that the seating are not being assigned yet and the performance schedule of the artists are still in the works. Thus, no info has been passed onto the reservations department. I hope the end results will be as described on their website.

I tried to book my reservations yesterday, choosing the "pay in full" option which offers a 5% discount. However, the total did not reflect the 5% discount. I wrote in to find out why, but no one has responded yet. So, I can't place my reservations yet.

For those of you who have successfully booked your reservations, were you able to choose your stateroom from an availability chart? I couldn't find it.

With this being a full charter, perhaps CT is handling everything without help from MSC which is in the travel business.

Have most of you booked your lodging, yet? Would love to hear from you all.

Regarding staterooms, on the CT website in the Pricing tab, choose Pricing and Availability from the drop down menu and you can see which categories are still available. The Ship tab on the website has the deck plans in its drop down menu.

We are booked at the Hyatt but if I'm not mistaken, I think the block reserved for CT is now full. Looks like the Courtyard Marriott still has availability. The CT website also has a link to other hotels.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody! I am very happy to be on Celtic Thunder Cruise 2.0! If any of you are on facebook, we have a group. I can't post the link, but search for "Celtic Thunder Cruise 2.0". I joined facebook last August just to be part of the group for the first cruise, and I'm very glad I did. We have t-shirts, ID tags and pins for sale, plus all kinds of lists: who is staying where, who is flying in on what airline and the date and time (so we can arrange to meet up for shuttles to the hotels), when your assigned dining time is and if you'd like table mates, cruise tips, etc. Very worthwhile.

I am traveling alone. I went on last year's cruise by myself and had a wonderful time. I look forward to meeting you all next November!

• 3 months later...

I'm checking whether this Celtic Thunder Cruise (November 8-12) is for real. Supposedly we received a letter saying I won from the Facebook drawings, providing I pay taxes and gratuities.

I'm a little stunned at this point.

Edited by logan25

I'm checking whether this Celtic Thunder Cruise (November 8-12) is for real. Supposedly we received a letter saying I won from the Facebook drawings, providing I pay taxes and gratuities.

I'm a little stunned at this point.[/quote

Same here. It is for real. I called and chose a cabin and made payment and two days later got the confirmation email and booking number. All charges are sent directly to MSC and I have already been able to register on line with MSC.

I will look for the roll call and the FB site for this cruise. We will be on the following cruise from the 12th of Nov. So 14 amazing days on the beautiful Divina. That is why I signed up to try to win a free cruise just before the one already booked. I think the CT travel group is trying to fill up the ship by offering the "free" cruise for only the port taxes and fees.

I understand dining will be open seating but will we still given a assigned time? Never been on a charter cruise before so lots of questions.

Sounds like fun.

Edited by Cruisergal1208

I'm a little stunned at this point.

I also got this, I threw it in the trash, always skeptical about these FREE things.

Omg...you have got to be kidding me! I know SO many people who are trying to win in their monthly drawing!

There's still time!! My letter says it ends Sept. 12, 2014. It even says if a previous award certificate winner wins the Grand Prize of a complimentary cruise later, all funds will be refunded.

If you went last year, can you give me any tips on what to expect. Any and all will be appreciated.

Edited by Cruisergal1208

Curious about what level of cabin category (B1, B2, B3) I might get. If I choose balcony, would I get a decent location and size of balcony. Or would it be the Juliets on Deck 13.

When I called, I was given the choice of deck 9 or 10. Deck 9 were connecting cabins so I asked what else was available and was given 2 to chose from on deck 10. Took one of those. She said they were filling up decks 9&10 so don't know if you would be offered anything different or not. Good luck!

I'm a little stunned at this point.[/quote

Same here. It is for real. I called and chose a cabin and made payment and two days later got the confirmation email and booking number. All charges are sent directly to MSC and I have already been able to register on line with MSC.

I will look for the roll call and the FB site for this cruise. We will be on the following cruise from the 12th of Nov. So 14 amazing days on the beautiful Divina. That is why I signed up to try to win a free cruise just before the one already booked. I think the CT travel group is trying to fill up the ship by offering the "free" cruise for only the port taxes and fees.

I understand dining will be open seating but will we still given a assigned time? Never been on a charter cruise before so lots of questions.

Sounds like fun.

Hi, I did the Cruise to the Edge with the same charter company, and just booked CT for my family.

Dining is open seating, no assigned times for it. For CTTE, we had to choose a time, mainly to place us into performances for the 5 top acts (we had 'blue' and 'pink' groups and our lanyards were these colors). It may have spoiled me, as i preferred the anytime dining option.