Outside insurance question

siestakeys04

Most of the Insurers listed are good companies, including CSA, TravelEx and TravelInsured (TravelInsured also offered cheaper at USAA if you're military). Different Policies are suited to slightly different needs, like kids insured free, cancellation for extended school year, etc., that you might want to look for. All of them should include "Waiver of pre-existing condition" if you purchase within 14-21 days of booking. ken

I've gone on a few cruises and haven't had insurance. I've been looking into it just for the peace of mind. What is an average pay and what all should be included? I don't necessarily need cancel coverage but medical and that type of thing would be nice. I just looked at a plan through seven corners Liaison International Travel Medical insurance. It's $18 with a $0 deductible for two travelers. It also has $50,000 medical coverage but says it's secondary. What type of details do I need to look for?

Always use Insure My Trip, last month on our cruise choose Global Alert with the extended "cancel for any reason" add on, for 3 of us (2 adults and a 12 yr old), $158 total.

You just need to read all of the summary for each clause, make sure it does what you need it to do if a problem or issue arises. It is a cheap peace of mind in our book and never travel or cruise without it....

Always use Insure My Trip, last month on our cruise choose Global Alert with the extended "cancel for any reason" add on, for 3 of us (2 adults and a 12 yr old), $158 total.

You just need to read all of the summary for each clause, make sure it does what you need it to do if a problem or issue arises. It is a cheap peace of mind in our book and never travel or cruise without it....

I recommend Insure my trip too. It's really easy to compare policies.

We didn't take out trip insurance this time ( first time ever ) because it was going to be almost as much as the cruise fare. Since we are flying Southwest and our hotel has a liberal cancellation policy it didn't make sense.

I am looking at purchasing outside insurance. I see a list of insurance companies through insure my trip. Can you tell me which company you like and why?

We'd strongly urge you to call Steve at

TripInsuranceStore.com

and ask generally about travel insurance, and also any specific concerns you have (pre-existing conditions, elderly relatives, etc.).

But TALK with them, don't just rely upon the plan summaries on their website.

This is a situation where both the fine print and your particular circumstances can make all the difference.

He has several "vetted" insurers who tend to pay when claims are made, and that's what counts, after all.

We had a claim with our first insured trip, purchased from TravelInsured, through TripInsuranceStore.com , and it was paid promptly.

GeezerCouple

We used Square Mouth and their choice Tin Leg to insure out June 2014 Baltic cruise. When we had to cancel last minute for medical reasons they were very slow in paying the claim. It was pretty straight forward, I got out of the hospital the day we were supposed to fly TA and I was told point blank to go home and stay home. Between the foot dragging and the paper work they lost for a month without telling me it was MIA it took months to get paid. Now we use Trip Insurance Store. They listen to my needs and problems and then find a suitable policy for that trip. I have no claim experience with them but the sales process is very through so you don't spend money you don't need to but you also don't end up not covered for things that matter.