Weather next week

cruiser43

I’m supposed to leave Wednesday on a 3 day on Equinox from Miami to Bahamas. Looks like a cold front is coming through and I’m worried about choppy seas. Does it usually get rough in January? I always go in April and I’m getting ready to cancel

We'll be there..

I predict unpredictable.... or variable.

mother nature has been known to change her mind

Be prepared for the worst and you will always feel better when it's not.

This past year's weather has been totally out of character, colder then ever before in some places and hotter than ever in others.

As some proverbs imply, "Smooth seas does not a sailor make"

How can you cancel without financial implications.

Take your sea meds and enjoy the cruise.

We just got off Equinox last week for a 4 night cruise to Cozumel. It was cold when we left but steadily warmed up as we got farther south.

As far as the roughness of the seas the weather. We had very smooth seas going and the best ever smooth seas coming back. It was like absolute glass coming back to Miami. The seas can get rough depending on the time of the year.

I usually do a transderm patch behind ear. This cruise I never even put it on.

You will have to make the decision but i wouldnt worry.

I’m supposed to leave Wednesday on a 3 day on Equinox from Miami to Bahamas. Looks like a cold front is coming through and I’m worried about choppy seas. Does it usually get rough in January? I always go in April and I’m getting ready to cancel

Really. This close to your sail date.

What exactly are you worried about? Getting sea sick or something happening to the ship?

The Bahamas are in the Atlantic Ocean, so even though you are fairly far south, yes the seas could be rough. Depends on the weather systems that will be passing through, and the wind direction. We've sailed out of FLL twice when we had fairly rough seas running and we were sailing side on to them. Made for a rough day or 2. Meaning I spent a lot of time eating crackers and drinking ginger ale. Even the Bonine failed me on those occasions. Didn't bother DH though.

At this late date, however, if you cancel you'll likely only get your port fees refunded.

Please don’t just cancel.

Transfer the cruise to me. I will gladly risk rough seas and “cold” weather. Look where I live. Cold doesn’t affect me it is just a state of mind, if you don’t mind it doesn’t matter.

Enjoy your cruise and don’t worry because the ship is warm, clean, has food, drinks and entertainment.

Plus the main and most important part of this is why are you trusting what the weather service is predicting? 🤗. Are they ever right? 🤔

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

Choppy seas and cold weather can happen anytime. Why would you cancel?

I'm driving from Cincinnati to Detroit next week for the North American Auto Show - I'll trade places with you.

People often worry themselves into motion sickness. Try to enjoy your cruise and stay away from spicy, fatty foods and don't drink too much. That alone will take care of 1/2 of those who fear the queasy.

Oh ya, bananas and a beer will help many

bananasnbeer.jpg

No, it doesn't usually get rough in January. It also usually doesn't stay calm then either. In other words, as mentioned by others, sea conditions are unpredictable - it can be calm one day and rough the next. At the risk of losing money I would never cancel a cruise after final payment because the seas "might" get choppy. They may just as likely stay calm - even with a cold front predicted.

Do not take it so seriously, but do you know that you are traveling to the triangle of Bermuda? The Bahamas is one of the triangle points

Courage, enjoy your vacation.

Well that should help calm the nerves of the apprehensive OP! :D;) (And actually its points are Miami / Bermuda / San Juan PR, which has the Bahamas inside the triangle - which I'm sure is even more reassuring to the OP). :)