Celebrity Cruisetour Anchorage to Seward Information?

mimijes

Is there anyone who done this recently and can give me some information?

My husband and I are doing the Celebrity Alaska cruisetour in May. We have received no information on the land portion from Celebrity yet.

I know the details will be provided when we meet the tour director in Anchorage on May 13. In the meantime I’m especially interested in knowing the time we will board the Millennium in Seward, which departs at 8pm. Muster drill is 7pm.

Will there be time to spend in Seward before we have to be back on board for departure?

What will we do about a specialty dinner? Will dinners be scheduled around the muster drill?

The Celebrity cruise tours generally overnight in Aleyeska, which is about 2 hours from Seward depending on traffic. I believe they leave in the morning and do a tour of the Sealife Center in Seward before boarding the ship, so I would estimate arrival in Seward around noonish and boarding around 2-3. If you ditch the Sealife Center, you might be able to get on a Kenai Fjords tour....

The Celebrity cruise tours generally overnight in Aleyeska, which is about 2 hours from Seward depending on traffic. I believe they leave in the morning and do a tour of the Sealife Center in Seward before boarding the ship, so I would estimate arrival in Seward around noonish and boarding around 2-3. If you ditch the Sealife Center, you might be able to get on a Kenai Fjords tour....

I would love to get on a Kenai Fjords Tour. Timing seems very tight!

Another question: We are arriving in Anchorage a couple of days early and will be on the Philips 26 Glacier tour.

I know all glaciers are different, but will that suffice? Or is the Kenai Fjords Tour much different?

Thanks!

We did a B2B pair of Alaska cruises on the Millennium last year. We drove down to Seward for a few days before leaving our vehicle in long-term parking and then boarding the ship about 11 AM-ish. We were in a suite so went to Michael's Club before enjoying lunch in Luminae, and there just a few other suite passengers on the ship at that point. About 3 PM more folks were boarding, but as I remember there were very few fellow passengers on that ship until about 5 PM-ish when passengers who took the train transfer were delivered.

I have never considered a cruise-tour of any sort, and certainly didn't consider one in my own state. But it is my understanding that Celebrity offers different transport options on various cruise-tours.

Hope you enjoy the Millennium. It had been years since we had been on her, and really enjoyed our two weeks. We will return this fall for a trans-Pacific followed by a cruise around Japan, and are looking forward to the return experience. We are Zenith level Captain's Club members, and so always enjoy meeting crew and staff from prior cruises.

I love going to glaciers and both these cruises are outstanding. I would lean towards the 26 Glacier Cruise as the glaciers are plentiful and active, with lots of sea otters and seals. The Kenai Fjords trip to Aialik is also one of my favorites, but gets shortened or cancelled not infrequently because of rough seas just outside Resurrection Bay.

Is there anyone who done this recently and can give me some information?

My husband and I are doing the Celebrity Alaska cruisetour in May. We have received no information on the land portion from Celebrity yet.

I know the details will be provided when we meet the tour director in Anchorage on May 13. In the meantime I’m especially interested in knowing the time we will board the Millennium in Seward, which departs at 8pm. Muster drill is 7pm.

Will there be time to spend in Seward before we have to be back on board for departure?

What will we do about a specialty dinner? Will dinners be scheduled around the muster drill?

Where are you the night before the cruise? What is your method of transport. finally what are your inclusions with your tour? These need to be known to give you any answer.

But you most likely CAN add a Kenai fjords boat tour- if you choose to, (assuming you are not overnighting in Talkeetna or Denali the night before?) This tour is loaded with varied wildlife, and a great glacier view. Every glacier is different. PWS, is extremely scenic as well.

On some cruise lines, they don't seat anyone within a time frame of the Muster Drill. like, stop seating 2 hours prior as example.

Where are you the night before the cruise? What is your method of transport. finally what are your inclusions with your tour? These need to be known to give you any answer.

But you most likely CAN add a Kenai fjords boat tour- if you choose to, (assuming you are not overnighting in Talkeetna or Denali the night before?) This tour is loaded with varied wildlife, and a great glacier view. Every glacier is different. PWS, is extremely scenic as well.

On some cruise lines, they don't seat anyone within a time frame of the Muster Drill. like, stop seating 2 hours prior as example.

BQ, thanks to you and the others who have offered answers.

We will be coming from Girdwood by bus. A stop at the Alaska SeaLife center is included as part of the land tour. I would prefer a Kenai Fjords Tour, but may not have a choice due to timing.