Sailing on the Escape - how stringent are they about bringing no beverages aboard?

GSTgst

I like to bring a small case of Diet Iced Tea (in little sealed plastic bottles). I did that a few years ago, but apparently the rules have changed. I wouldn't mind buying such on board, but they don't have Diet Iced Tea in the bars or entertainment facilities (only carbonated diet sodas which hurt my tummy). One option is to bring an empty beverage container with a sealed top and fill it up at mealtimes for drinking later on. Your advise?

I like to bring a small case of Diet Iced Tea (in little sealed plastic bottles). I did that a few years ago, but apparently the rules have changed. I wouldn't mind buying such on board, but they don't have Diet Iced Tea in the bars or entertainment facilities (only carbonated diet sodas which hurt my tummy). One option is to bring an empty beverage container with a sealed top and fill it up at mealtimes for drinking later on. Your advise?

You can buy the little powder packages for bottled water size. They come in diet and a few different ice tea flavours also. They don't take up much space in your luggage either.

Yes, I agree, Crystal Light has a few flavors along with plain. You'll have access to water 24/7 BUT, please do not fill your container, directly from the spigots. Use a CLEAN glass and fill with that. Thank you. :)

NCL, has been very strict with no fluids and no exceptions (referring to just general water, soda, alcohol etc. Not allowed.

Not allowed.

It is not allowed, but if you want to try to bring it on legally, you can see if the Access Desk will allow you to do so. You will also need to carry on your liquids if you go this route.

As far as NCL's strictness, that is really just luck. We have a liquid policy exemption. In 2017, we were stopped and had to show our paperwork in order to get through security. This year, we put everything through the metal detector and no one even blinked. No questions were asked and we never showed our paperwork. Both sailings were out of Miami.

As an FYI, we brought two 2-liters and one six pack of small cans of things that are not available on the ship.

There were trash cans full of beverages at every port.

In NYC, anyone with a water bottle, soda or coffee/tea had to either empty the bottle/container or throw the item into the trash can prior to boarding. Funny part was that some passengers had only purchased some of the items right in the little concession stand in the terminal prior to getting on line for boarding!!! Not everyone was very happy:(

MARAPRINCE

It is not allowed, but if you want to try to bring it on legally, you can see if the Access Desk will allow you to do so. You will also need to carry on your liquids if you go this route.

As far as NCL's strictness, that is really just luck. We have a liquid policy exemption. In 2017, we were stopped and had to show our paperwork in order to get through security. This year, we put everything through the metal detector and no one even blinked. No questions were asked and we never showed our paperwork. Both sailings were out of Miami.

As an FYI, we brought two 2-liters and one six pack of small cans of things that are not available on the ship.

Totally different experience for us going out of Miami in December.

In NYC, anyone with a water bottle, soda or coffee/tea had to either empty the bottle/container or throw the item into the trash can prior to boarding. Funny part was that some passengers had only purchased some of the items right in the little concession stand in the terminal prior to getting on line for boarding!!! Not everyone was very happy:(

MARAPRINCE

Is that check a new thing? When we have boarded in New York the only check, if I remember correct, has been when entering the terminal.

Was it only if someone saw the drink or did they screen the bags again?

The iced tea in the buffet is unsweetened.

Just stick with the rules; if you want your ice tea, how about Crystal light. Otherwise, there should be no more discussion on this. 90% of the time anyone trying to smuggle anything on including using rum runners will be caught. Just follow the rules for heaven's sake.

Is that check a new thing? When we have boarded in New York the only check, if I remember correct, has been when entering the terminal.

Was it only if someone saw the drink or did they screen the bags again?

Remember, they sell food and beverages in the waiting area and it is not always possible to know exactly when boarding will actually start. No one advised that bottles of water or beverages purchased and unfinished could not be taken on board.

MARAPRINCE