Westerdam inside cabins info

Kate45

so, we are booked on Westerdam inside cabin 7049 and 7051 for Alaska next spring. I understand inside cabins are very small on HAL ships but I wasn't too concerned as Alaska is all about the scenery so I figured we wouldn't be in the cabin much. Just wondering if anyone has any info on these particular cabins.

AThe Main Deck inside cabins on all these N, S , E, W ships that are J cabins are awesome! If you can find any left (they go fast by those in the know) they are your best! Check out photos of them and you'll see how different they are. Had 4 in a cabin with no problems on an AK cruise .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by janmcn

Thank you for the photo of the cabin. We had booked 1053 on the Noordam but had to rebook to the Maasdam and were wondering what the cabin looked like. We had an inside cabin on the Maasdam and we were pleased with it, but that cabin looks like it might be even better.

This J size is not available on the Maasdam...just the larger HAL ships (but not the K'dam). ALWAYS look at deck plans! They are key to seeing assorted size differences in all cabins. And...your thoughts about having inside cabins for AK are right on...very good for light sleepers who are disturbed by light.

The cabin layout like what the cabin 1043 on the Noordam is not the same as 584 interior cabin on Maasdam (we just had this cabin), however it is very comfortable and roomy enough for two people.

We did this trip on Westerdam in Sept 2016 and it truly is wonderful. The inside staterooms on HAL are reasonably sized [you want to talk small, check out the insides on Norwegian! haha] though they are not as big on the Vista ships as they are on the older ships like Veendam and Maasdam. Still, we found it perfectly adequate for the two of us. I am not sure I would want to sail with more than 2 people in an inside but for 2 they are fine. Enjoy your trip. Alaska is beautiful!

I posted a review with photos after our trip; if you care to whet your appetite the link is below haha.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2404561