List of Barcelona hotels

English_in_Spain

People are often asking questions about where to stay in Barcelona.

With this in mind I have been compiling a list of Barcelona hotels.

You can see the list here

Barcelona Hotel List

This is an alphabetical list of hotels

Click on the hotel name to go to the hotel's website

The list shows

- star rating

- price level compared to average for that star rating (€ = very cheap to €€€€€ = very expensive)

- locality/where it is near

- hotels that have rooms for 3+ people and details of those rooms

- comments from people who have stayed at the hotels

This is very much a work in process so your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your hard work.

Hotel Ziagonal Zero was fabulous; steps from the beach, next to huge shopping mall, on the HoHo bus route. Also I would put the price at 3 or 4 little Euro symbols - it is definitely not 2.

I assume you mean the Diagonal Zero.

I will add your comments to the list.

The price rating is based on taking the price of a double room on 2 occasions during the year. I then compared this to the average price for all hotels in that star rating for those dates.

Diagonal Zero is a 4 star and the prices I got for a double room were €117 and €72 compared to the 4 star averages of €137 and €111.

I created 5 arbitrary price levels by dividing the hotel price by the average (giving in this case 0.85 and 0.65)

level 1 (€) is 0.7 or less

level 2 (€€) is 0.71 to 0.9

level 3 (€€€) is 0.91 to 1.10

level 4 (€€€€) is 1.11 to 1.40

level 5 (€€€€€) is 1.40 or more

These price levels are only meant as a guide.

Diagonal Zero certainly came below the average 4 star pricing.

Thank you for your comments.

The project took quite a lot of work but it was a labour of love as I love Barcelona and wanted to share the information with others here on Cruise Critic.

I intend to update the database as I get more information.

I have asked the mods if this can be made a sticky.

Diagonal Zero is a 4 star and the prices I got for a double room were €117 and €72 compared to the 4 star averages of €137 and €111.

Before I posted my comments I did a mock booking and the rate was 159 Euros. I was just on the website again ansd prices for various times of the year can be upwards of 300 Euros per night. I was just saying I think your list should reflect that.

Anyway. :confused:

Before I posted my comments I did a mock booking and the rate was 159 Euros. I was just on the website again ansd prices for various times of the year can be upwards of 300 Euros per night. I was just saying I think your list should reflect that.

Anyway. :confused:

What dates were your dummy bookings for? What type of room? What times of the year did you see €300? Did you look at the price of other 4 star hotels to compare?

Looking through your previous posts where you did a review of your trip and the hotel, I see that you were in an Executive room, including spa access with free alcoholic drinks and snacks and you had breakfast included. Is this the type of room you are currently looking at?

All my prices were based on the lowest level double or twin room without breakfast.

As I said previously, the price rating is comparing it to the average price for 4 star hotels at the same time. If it's a special time like fiesta all the hotels will be higher. Also last minute bookings can give higher prices, depending on how full the hotel is.

I just looked again at 1 night on the 1st of each month from July to December and got the following prices.

July €80

August €132

September €117

October €132

November €108

December €72

These are lower than the average price for 4 star hotels on those dates. That is why I indicated this hotel as being lower priced than other similar hotels.

My list is meant as a guide to help people choose a hotel. I would hope that they would check the actual prices for the dates they are looking at.

For me, if money were no object I would choose Mandarin Oriental Penthouse suite (€6,000 a night) :)

More realistically I would choose the 4 star Hotel Colon. I have stayed there many times and just love the hotel and the location.

You must remember that different people look for different things in a hotel. Some like a central location, some like somewhere quieter. Some like modern design, some like an older, more traditional hotel.

This is why I compiled this list so that people had more chance of finding what suited them

Saw the comment box being empty for Four Point by Sheraton so would like to give some remarks.

- 5 minute walk to/from metro

- 15 minute walk to/from La Sagrada Familiar

- Quiet and clean area

- Safe to walk at night

- Shopping mall across the street

- Grocery store across the street

- Less than 20 Euro cab ride from port

- Less than 30 Euro cab ride to airport

- Good food in the hotel restaurant

- Many discounts offered as a Starwood hotel

- Good English speaking receptionists

- Nice and modern room (Big tub to soak in after a long cruise without one)

The list is getting long. We simply love this hotel and will return for future trips. :)

Thank you, what a wonderful effort and list!! We will be staying at the Hotel Pulitzer in October, will be looking forward to any comments from people who have stayed there....if none, we will report back after our stay! Great idea!

Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City-22@ hotel

Stayed there in 2008 and watched the stock market melt. It was new back then with all staff able to speak english. It was very contempoary and offered a fantastic european breakfast. Reasonably priced and a couple of blocks away from the subway to anywhere.

This is a really great list. Would you be able to recommend a hotel which has rooms large enough for 2 adults 2 children, close to Metro links, doesn't have to be near Ramblas or anywhere too touristy (happy to walk and use Metro), handy for airport/port (no idea if that is even possible, don't know Barcelona well enough) with a range of restaurants around?

We prefer 'middle of the road' hotels 3 -4 star such as Novotel, Holiday Inn Express. I really don't know Spanish hotel chains at all.

We are cruising with Disney next July from Barcelona and will be staying for a couple of nights before hand. A short list would be great - no idea where to start!

Any suggestions on areas to avoid much appreciated. Unfortunately one of the first things I think of with Barcelona is pickpockets :eek:

We stayed at the Hotel Constanza in June because it was one of the few "reasonably" priced (for Barcelona) places with available rooms for 4.

Location was good, it was quiet, felt safe, and an easy 4 block walk from Placa de Catalunya, not on La Ramblas, but still somewhat central. The room was large and clean, and we had a balcony facing the street on the second floor, but didn't have much street noise. The staff was helpful and spoke English.

There is a tapas bar/bar connected (good for coffee or a drink, but not for dinner). For dinner it is better to walk a couple of blocks toward the square, as there are many restaurants in that direction. In the evening the rooftop bar was pleasant for a drink.

This is a really great list. Would you be able to recommend a hotel which has rooms large enough for 2 adults 2 children, close to Metro links, doesn't have to be near Ramblas or anywhere too touristy (happy to walk and use Metro), handy for airport/port (no idea if that is even possible, don't know Barcelona well enough) with a range of restaurants around?

We prefer 'middle of the road' hotels 3 -4 star such as Novotel, Holiday Inn Express. I really don't know Spanish hotel chains at all.

We are cruising with Disney next July from Barcelona and will be staying for a couple of nights before hand. A short list would be great - no idea where to start!

Any suggestions on areas to avoid much appreciated. Unfortunately one of the first things I think of with Barcelona is pickpockets :eek:

Have a look at these. They may suit your requirements

Guitart Grand Passage

Icaria

Tryp Apolo

In my list you can see 2 columns showing those hotels for 3+ people. Reading the second of these 2 columns may give you some idea of the type of rooms.

Reading the comments column may give you some idea of the type of area and distance from the metro.

Archived