Cozumel Bar Hop

splinkaone

I'm on a flight home after a cruise and couldn't wait to post about this tour. I've been to Cozumel 5 times before and never had this much fun. I HIGHLY recommend this trip. You won't be sorry.

Told ya!😀😀😀.Great to meet you and the besties. I hope your trip home was uneventful.

I am super excited to hear great things about this bar hop. We just booked for our girls (momma's with no kids or hubby) cruise.

I have been to Cozumel several times and was not really excited about going back but now I am.

Any info/tips/pics you have on this bar hop I would love to hear!

I am super excited to hear great things about this bar hop. We just booked for our girls (momma's with no kids or hubby) cruise.

I have been to Cozumel several times and was not really excited about going back but now I am.

Any info/tips/pics you have on this bar hop I would love to hear!

Here is an excellent photo review (not mine) of bar hop from a few years ago, Scroll down to Cozumel and there is a page for each stop on the hop!

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalElationApr2013/index.htm

I have a few questions for anyone who has done this Barhop tour. Can you swim anywhere along the way? It stops at beaches? how long for each beach?

Thanks!

The above review will give you a good idea. Each stop is about 40-50 mins. There is a small pool at the first stop. Ocean swimming is not recommended due to currents and undertow but some people do take a dip in the water at a couple of stops.

There is one stop thats good for swimming, the first I believe... They will tell you which one. Many of the beaches on the East side have bad rip tides, but the one beach is protected by a reef.

I have a few questions for anyone who has done this Barhop tour. Can you swim anywhere along the way? It stops at beaches? how long for each beach?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...
Did anyone worry about the time to get back to the RCCL ship which is at the other pier? Looks like we might not be done until almost 4 and we sail at 5 and have to get a taxi back. I'm a little worried.

The bar hop has been running for many years.

The time they start depends on the ships in port on a given day. The meeting place is always the same, in town, but time will be emailed to you near to your sailing when they have determined numbers and schedules. (sometimes they run two tours) At the end you are dropped off at your individual pier. It is a very well organized tour and they are on top of timing.

The bar hop has been running for many years.

The time they start depends on the ships in port on a given day. The meeting place is always the same, in town, but time will be emailed to you near to your sailing when they have determined numbers and schedules. (sometimes they run two tours) At the end you are dropped off at your individual pier. It is a very well organized tour and they are on top of timing.

Before we got picked up outside the international pier, this time we have to take a taxi. We got our instructions. I hope they drop us off at the pier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Before we got picked up outside the international pier, this time we have to take a taxi. We got our instructions. I hope they drop us off at the pier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Were you with a large group last time? Usually tour operators in Cozumel cannot pick up at the piers because of taxi union rules unless they apply for special pass. I have heard the Bar Hop doing this for large groups sometimes but as far as I know generally they have always picked up in town (the location has changed from time to time) but they drop off at individual piers on return.

To be sure I would email Tom, I have always had good results getting an answer to any questions I have had.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay were on the Royal Caribbean and was wondering if we will have to take a taxi to meet the Bus or is it close by. It says we need to meet at The meeting point is on the patio at Señor Frogs(formerly CARLOS ‘N

CHARLIES) restaurant/bar in the little outdoor mall, attached to the PUNTA

LANGOSTA Cruise Ship Pier downtown.

There’s also a Señor Frogs at the International Pier, so please make sure your

cab driver understands that you want Señor Frogs downtown

Okay were on the Royal Caribbean and was wondering if we will have to take a taxi to meet the Bus or is it close by. It says we need to meet at The meeting point is on the patio at Señor Frogs(formerly CARLOS ‘N

CHARLIES) restaurant/bar in the little outdoor mall, attached to the PUNTA

LANGOSTA Cruise Ship Pier downtown.

There’s also a Señor Frogs at the International Pier, so please make sure your

cab driver understands that you want Señor Frogs downtown

MOST likely you will dock at International Pier, south of town, and will need to take a taxi to the meeting place. You will be dropped off at the pier on return.

(International is Royals pier but may be changes with all the extra ships in port.)

MOST likely you will dock at International Pier, south of town, and will need to take a taxi to the meeting place. You will be dropped off at the pier on return.

(International is Royals pier but may be changes with all the extra ships in port.)

Thank You, now my concern is TIME! I read where another couple was turned down cause our ship doesn't moor until 1pm its there from 1-9 pm. They were told that is too late to do a tour but they let us. I have a confirmation and everything. Let me ask this. The ship time is EST time right? It never changes so if our itinerary says we will get there at 1pm, that's really 12 pm there right if they are on CST. Do I have this right? It says we are to meet at 115pm CST which is 215 Florida time or EST. Hope I'm not confusing you lol

Thank You, now my concern is TIME! I read where another couple was turned down cause our ship doesn't moor until 1pm its there from 1-9 pm. They were told that is too late to do a tour but they let us. I have a confirmation and everything. Let me ask this. The ship time is EST time right? It never changes so if our itinerary says we will get there at 1pm, that's really 12 pm there right if they are on CST. Do I have this right? It says we are to meet at 115pm CST which is 215 Florida time or EST. Hope I'm not confusing you lol

Yes! You have it right.