Princess meet and greet procedure

CRUISEADIK

Could anyone tell us the protocol for setting up a "m & g" on the sapphire for september 29?

You can set one up thru this web site

Just go to roll car section and set one up on the ship and date you are sailing . Before you start one check that one isn't already started.

My wife and I did one on our cruise back in July. First, find the roll call for your cruise and make sure that one is not already in progress. Contact Jenny Streeck to reserve the venue. Make sure that you tell her you are having a no-host bar. Unless you plan on paying for all the drinks. Declare to your roll call that you are taking point on this.

If you'd like further details on what worked for us in the invitations, shoot an email to chiefsealthcruz@gmail.com and I'll give you more info.

We took invitations and sent them to the list of ship's staff that the contact person gave us. Two showed up at the no-host M & G. At a M & G a few years ago no one showed up and the venue they had us meet at was actually closed- you could sit there, but the bar was not open. On other cruise lines we had better M & Gs- the NCL Jewel had us meet in a dining room- there were snacks, coffee, juices, etc, and the hotel manager, maitre d', comedian, cruise director, and a couple officers attended- even though they charge for ship tours (like everyone else) they gave us free bridge tours. On the Coral the cruise director showed up and met about half of the people and then left. The Captain Circle lady was there, but I don't think she introduced herself to many and she said that security was the reason for no bridge tour (unless you paid for it). They don't put the notice in the Patter (like NCL does) or put up any sign- again, NCL does that as well- they seem to want to be nice to groups. Since there doesn't seem to be any advantage of letting Princess arrange the M & G you might as well just pick a time and place and post it on your roll call. It is nice to meet the people that you talk to on line. We met people that we will always treasure, that made our trip much more pleasant.

Since there doesn't seem to be any advantage of letting Princess arrange the M & G you might as well just pick a time and place and post it on your roll call.

Not a good idea. The location you pick may have been reserved by Princess for another activity.

My wife and I did one on our cruise back in July. First, find the roll call for your cruise and make sure that one is not already in progress. Contact Jenny Streeck to reserve the venue. Make sure that you tell her you are having a no-host bar. Unless you plan on paying for all the drinks. Declare to your roll call that you are taking point on this.

If you'd like further details on what worked for us in the invitations, shoot an email to chiefsealthcruz@gmail.com and I'll give you more info.

One addition - the person contacting Princess to arrange this must be the one who booked the cruise with Princess Cruises. That is, if you booked directly then you can contact them directly. If you booked through a TA then the TA must be the person to contact them.

They will want to know how many people will be attending - arrange this through your Roll Call.

Not a good idea. The location you pick may have been reserved by Princess for another activity.

We were "reserved" at Crooners, a small lounge off the Atrium and people from out of our roll call came and went- some even took lanyards that I had brought for our group. It certainly wasn't private.

One addition - the person contacting Princess to arrange this must be the one who booked the cruise with Princess Cruises. That is, if you booked directly then you can contact them directly. If you booked through a TA then the TA must be the person to contact them.

They will want to know how many people will be attending - arrange this through your Roll Call.

I have planned several M&Gs over the years and always book thru a TA and always plan the M&G directly with Princess. It was never suggested that I go thru my TA

Sorry, but that is incorrect information. I have always booked my cruises through a TA, but made contact directly with the ship's coordinator for our M&G's.

Where in the world do folks come up with stuff like that.

We have set up many M&G directly with the Princess coordinator for the ship and every single cruise we have made on Princess has been booked through a TA. The ship coordinator is not interested in where you booked your cruise and the TA has absolutely nothing to do with setting up a M&G.

Yes, the coordinator is interested in how many will attend so he/she can alert the ship. We also ask for specific locations for our M&Gs. Sometimes we get them and sometimes not. It depends on the ship's needs on the time and date.

P&J

Edited by Roses2

We booked our cruise through a TA and I contacted Jenny Streek directly and was given Skywalkers as the venue, bartender was on duty, it was no-host bar. I had 25 commit to the M&G via the rollcall and I got Skywalkers within 24hrs of sending the request via email.

We were "reserved" at Crooners, a small lounge off the Atrium and people from out of our roll call came and went- some even took lanyards that I had brought for our group. It certainly wasn't private.

If ever offered an open place such as Crooners again in the future for a M&G, let the Princess person who arranged it know that is unacceptable and that you need a room which can be restricted to just your CC group..

We too had ours arranged thru the Ruby coordinator. It was done by someone on our rollcall. The Ruby person TOLD US that it would be at 11:00am on the first sea day at Skywalkers. She also advised that the staff was invited and a bartender would be there.

Well we all showed up - close to 50 of us and had a great time despite the fact that no staff attended. Very disappointed.:(I find it hard to believe that not one person was free to attend:confused: The bartender was there tho.

It was a great cruise.

#Hi All

On my meet and greet last year we had 14 senior crew attend not sure who was left to run the ship, we had heads of all deparments even the engineer turned up,

one thing to do is let Princess pick the time, the ship has a lot of management meetings, captains have weddings etc, that folk forget about so there is not a lot of free time,

yours Shogun

We too had ours arranged thru the Ruby coordinator. It was done by someone on our rollcall. The Ruby person TOLD US that it would be at 11:00am on the first sea day at Skywalkers. She also advised that the staff was invited and a bartender would be there.

Well we all showed up - close to 50 of us and had a great time despite the fact that no staff attended. Very disappointed.:(I find it hard to believe that not one person was free to attend:confused: The bartender was there tho.

It was a great cruise.

I have always brought invitations to send to the senior officers and gotten a good turnout that way.

The Ruby person TOLD US that it would be at 11:00am on the first sea day at Skywalkers. She also advised that the staff was invited and a bartender would be there.

Well we all showed up - close to 50 of us and had a great time despite the fact that no staff attended. Very disappointed.:(I find it hard to believe that not one person was free to attend.

It sounds as if you depended on the "Ruby person" to issue the invitations.

Do not depend on Pricness to do this. Usually the roll call person who arranges the M&G will write invitations to the desired staff and leave them at the Purser's desk for distribution on embarkation day.

I suspect that the staff was not informed about being invited to the M&G. We have always had at least one ship's representative there, sometimes as many as Shogun reported.

It sounds as if you depended on the "Ruby person" to issue the invitations.

Do not depend on Pricness to do this. Usually the roll call person who arranges the M&G will write invitations to the desired staff and leave them at the Purser's desk for distribution on embarkation day.

I suspect that the staff was not informed about being invited to the M&G. We have always had at least one ship's representative there, sometimes as many as Shogun reported.

Yes, we did rely on the coordinator to do the invites because she said that she would take care of it. In fact, she replied to an email to one of the people on the rollcall after the fact, and said they all had been invited.

So, I guess the lesson here is don't rely on the Princess coordinator.:(

Last year for our Emerald cruise, I contacted Princess to set up M & G. We were given a time and place (and bartender). Although we had a fairly large roll call with people interested, the time conflicted with MANY one-time activities on the ship so only about a third of our group made it.

Also, the only crew member to show up was the Cruise Director, but he didn't get there until 5 minutes before our time ended and missed most of the group.

This was quite a different experience from our Azamara sailing where the Captain, CD and many other staff attended for most of the time. They knew our CC names and asked us about ourselves and what we wanted to know about the cruise/line. Additionally, they provided lovely hors d'oeurves and a glass of sparkling wine.

A very different experience from Princess (although it hasn't stopped us from sailing Princess again).

The coordinator may send out an email to the officers, but a personal invite from the organizer will always work better.

Also, how many staff attend is directly relevant to when scheduled. For example if one is held closer to mealtimes, the odds of seeing the MD or F+B director drop a lot.

Yes, we did rely on the coordinator to do the invites because she said that she would take care of it. In fact, she replied to an email to one of the people on the rollcall after the fact, and said they all had been invited.

So, I guess the lesson here is don't rely on the Princess coordinator.:(