Sailing on Grandeur-happy to answer any questions

Sorry I had to pull the compasses...had to go through flickr and they are showing up on my tv slideshow.

Glad others enjoyed the food more than we did. No, I don't think the balcony dividers open.

I'm surprised people were disappointed with the food, I thought it was good. But then as long as I get my shrimp cocktail every night, I'm a happy camper. ;) I think I managed to have shrimp of some kind twice a day on a few days. Lol. Some of the things in Windjammer were a little iffy, particularly breakfast (did not eat dinner there), but other than that it was good. After a day or so, I mostly ate in the dining room for somewhat better food with much less hassle, much as I love the views from the Windjammer. Ok, the late night offerings at Park Cafe left something to be desired (hot dogs, pizza, nachos, and odd flavored cookies)....thought that was odd considering the great salads and sandwiches they have all day.

We had one dinner at Giovanni's, which was really good. I wish I could have dinner there tomorrow. :)

Sent from my Event using Forums mobile app

Edited by fluffysue

I thought the food was good in the main dining room, ate there every night. Didn't care for the windjammer, Nassau was a dump, I'd never go back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
Looking at this ship for a November cruise with kids ( 10 and 13) DH , and grandparents. Grandparents love the ship. We are wondering about tween activities and if the ship is right for a multi generational cruise.

The Grandeur has a teen club with activities, rock climbing wall, small arcade, and the pool. It does not have as many bells & whistles as the bigger and newer ships, but it is not completely barren. :). In early November, Explorer may still be sailing out of Bayonne - she has more to offer the Tweens, but I would not be too afraid of bring them on Grandeur. Have they already been spoiled on the larger ships?

We were on Deck 7 cabin 7530 of the Grandeur and our balcony divider opened.

The cruise director on the May 30 departure was Paul Rutter.

The food in the Windjammer was average and the food in the Main Dining Room was good to great.

There were a lot of activities for the 200+ children on our departure. The activities in November will depend on the number of children on board. When school is in session there are many less children and less activities.

Our departure last week had many multigenerational groups but that was during summer vacation. The Grandeur does not have all the venues of the larger ships. If your children want slides, mini golf, ice skating etc. you will not find them on the Grandeur.

Access the Meet and Mingle Board for the departure and ask about children who will be on board.

The Grandeur has a teen club with activities, rock climbing wall, small arcade, and the pool. It does not have as many bells & whistles as the bigger and newer ships, but it is not completely barren. :). In early November, Explorer may still be sailing out of Bayonne - she has more to offer the Tweens, but I would not be too afraid of bring them on Grandeur. Have they already been spoiled on the larger ships?

kids went on freedom of the seas when DD was 5 and DS was 7. so they dont remember much.

the december grandeur is during christmas so I would assume more kids.

kids went on freedom of the seas when DD was 5 and DS was 7. so they dont remember much.

the december grandeur is during christmas so I would assume more kids.

Yes. Should be. We are on Thanksgiving cruise this year so I will ask! They may not have numbers yet, but should know how many they typically have.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how much the specialty coffees are? What is offered? Also... Prices for Ben and Jerry's ice cream?

Holland America 2007

Disney Magic 2000, 2002

Disney Wonder 2001

Majesty of the Seas 1992

Sovereign of the Seas 1999

Does anyone know how much the specialty coffees are? What is offered? Also... Prices for Ben and Jerry's ice cream?

Here is a coffee menu from Enchantment:

Enchantment_Cafe_Latte-Tudes.JPG

Sorry, no Ben & Jerry's prices.

Holland America 2007

Disney Magic 2000, 2002

Disney Wonder 2001

Majesty of the Seas 1992

Sovereign of the Seas 1999

Here is the Ben & Jerry,s menu

imagejpg1_zpsfe68928a.jpg

What's the Wifi situation on Grandeur? Sail in August and I bring my iPad everywhere. It has my books, music, magazines. We'll be on a JS on deck 8, aft. Are there hotspots or ship wide access.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What's the Wifi situation on Grandeur? Sail in August and I bring my iPad everywhere. It has my books, music, magazines. We'll be on a JS on deck 8, aft. Are there hotspots or ship wide access.

Shipwide access, but not unlimited. Still pay by the minute on Grandeur.

Are all these drinks included in the royal replenishment pkg? Thanks for the menu:)

Yes, they should all be included in royal replenish.

Here is the Ben & Jerry,s menu

imagejpg1_zpsfe68928a.jpg

Does that say "Pish Food"? I think i will be steering clear of that flavor. :eek:

How did deck 10 get damaged?

I seem to remember reading on another thread somewhere that the damage was caused by rough seas and high winds, returning from Bermuda (?). People saw a large detached section of teak rail fly by a window.

They've done a good job of making the deck usable for joggers again, but the parts in the horizontal railings could be problematic for little kids (getting hands caught or cut sticking them through the spaces). I recall at least one section being held together with duct tape, but the separations were visible elsewhere.

I took pictures back in May, but haven't uploaded from my camera. (Note to self: Get cruise pics.)

• 1 month later...