Alternatives for excursions on Celebrity New Zealand - Austrailia cruise

jcpon

We're going on 14 day Celebrity Solstice cruise of New Zealand and Australia. We got back home from a Baltic Cruise a few months ago, and had used a highly recommended excursion company, SPB, instead of the excursions arranged through the cruise line. They were terrific, organized, great tour guides, efficient, and we saved about 50%. Is anyone familiar with alternate excursion companies for our upcoming cruise? I'd love to hear about your great experiences, as well as any excursions that were less than great. Any recommendations of tour companies and tours would be really appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
We're going on 14 day Celebrity Solstice cruise of New Zealand and Australia. We got back home from a Baltic Cruise a few months ago, and had used a highly recommended excursion company, SPB, instead of the excursions arranged through the cruise line. They were terrific, organized, great tour guides, efficient, and we saved about 50%. Is anyone familiar with alternate excursion companies for our upcoming cruise? I'd love to hear about your great experiences, as well as any excursions that were less than great. Any recommendations of tour companies and tours would be really appreciated.

I loved SPB too, wish they were worldwide! While my cruise to New Zealand isn't for a few months so I cant speak from personal experience, several people on my roll call have signed up for excursions with Shore Trips and Tours. They have gotten really good reviews on Trip Advisor and Cruise Critic, and so far, have been very responsive to my emails and they definitely are less expensive than the ship excursions. I have signed up for their Tauranga (TRG-16) and Akaroa (AKA-1) excursions.

Hi

Been to New Zealand many times and there are some great private tour companies.

If your Going to Dunedin ,I can highly recommend Good Company tours they offer great tours that are so much cheaper than the cruise ship annd they are very reliable. In Tauranga (Rotorua) Scotts tours are great value and very reliable. In Auckland you dock right in town and they have a hop on hop off bus they will take you to all the mainsights around town.No need to pre-book tickets for hop on off bus as there is always someone near the dock telling you where you can get tickets.

http://www.scott-tours.co.nz

https://www.goodcompanytours.co.nz

Cheers Trish

Have you checked with your Roll Call thread? I'm on the Solstice in Feb 2018 and our Roll Call was extremely well organized. A spreadsheet was uploaded, variious non ship excursions posted and 90% filled 6 months out!

Sound advice. For me its where CC comes into it own.

We too had a very enthusiastic crowd with regards to organising private tours which were also filled quickly. At several of the ports we had muliple vans such was the interest.