Embarkation

pauleapo

Hello All,

We will be venturing on our first cruise from Southampton in early October; a four nighter just to test the water.:D

Our transport down to Southampton will arrive a couple hours before our 3 O'Clock embarkation time. Will we be allowed early embarkation?

Sorry if this is a newbie question but unsure how strict timings are.

Thanks

When the embarkation times were. Introduced a couple of years ago P&O were very strict with the times. You can get there early, but be prepared for a wait, there is seating with toilets and a small area to get tea and coffee. We have been allocated a 3.30 slot twice and once we got on early 30 minutes early, the other 30 minutes after.

I got the impression P&O are sticking to embarkation times as stipulated. We arrived more or less on time for our 2.30 embarkation slot on Aurora in August and the waiting area was packed. As soon as we showed our e-tickets we were ushered straight on to check in, security and through. We got some really black looks from the waiting passengers, no idea how long they had been there. When I saw the waiting area I thought they had a backlog (filthy weather that day) and we would have to wait. Very surprised when we were fast-tracked.

I got the impression P&O are sticking to embarkation times as stipulated. We arrived more or less on time for our 2.30 embarkation slot on Aurora in August and the waiting area was packed. As soon as we showed our e-tickets we were ushered straight on to check in, security and through. We got some really black looks from the waiting passengers, no idea how long they had been there. When I saw the waiting area I thought they had a backlog (filthy weather that day) and we would have to wait. Very surprised when we were fast-tracked.

This is what has happened with us too ... we have been arriving at about 15-20 mins in advance of our time and have been fast tracked straight to the check in desks........ However, recently, it seems that they have started boarding a lot earlier than 12 30 and have been boarding people who have arrived very much in advance of their times ( several hours before)....... so in other words, you might be lucky or you might not. if you go to the terminal very early, be prepared to have a long wait... or not ;)