Snoozin card changed--no Crusin side

crusinpsychRN

Just off Paradise. In CCL's worst move yet they changed the Snoozin card to the same on both sides. I didn't look at the other side of the card, just assumed it said Crusin on it and hung it on my door. 2.5 hours later I returned and my cabin hadn't been cleaned. That's when I looked at the card. Steward told me they changed and now no Crusin side exists. This only cost CCL the cost to change the cards and generated NO revenue. What a dumb move.

Just off Paradise. In CCL's worst move yet they changed the Snoozin card to the same on both sides. I didn't look at the other side of the card, just assumed it said Crusin on it and hung it on my door. 2.5 hours later I returned and my cabin hadn't been cleaned. That's when I looked at the card. Steward told me they changed and now no Crusin side exists. This only cost CCL the cost to change the cards and generated NO revenue. What a dumb move.

Thanks for sharing. I think it's a bad change too. That card is one of the best ways to communicate with the cabin steward without interrupting his/her work. The only thing I can think of is maybe too many people were stealing them since they had "cruising" on them.

Thanks for sharing. I think it's a bad change too. That card is one of the best ways to communicate with the cabin steward without interrupting his/her work. The only thing I can think of is maybe too many people were stealing them since they had "cruising" on them.

Or maybe people were turning them around to say “Cruising” when it should have said “Snoozing” causing guests to get upset.

So lets try it this way, for those concerned about costs. A poster already said, they "snagged" one...I'll admit we've "snagged" one ourselves, and snag in this case means, took it off the ship and home. So, pick any random number of how many of those may leave the ships, and the cost to replace those. Maybe this could actually save them a few bucks cause maybe they won't be as desireable as the original ones, maybe, they won't have to replace as many, maybe....

The first time I saw it I had thought it was misprinted....

So if you don't hang a card they assume you are out of your room.... best use that extra lock on your door of you are in there taking a shower....

So in other words, really does not matter what the little signs say if you don't use it.....

So lets try it this way, for those concerned about costs. A poster already said, they "snagged" one...I'll admit we've "snagged" one ourselves, and snag in this case means, took it off the ship and home. So, pick any random number of how many of those may leave the ships, and the cost to replace those. Maybe this could actually save them a few bucks cause maybe they won't be as desireable as the original ones, maybe, they won't have to replace as many, maybe....

My snagging was totally by accident along with the room service menu. I had put my FunTimes in a pile on the desk and things got mixed in. I grabbed the whole thing and put it in my suitcase. However, that shouldn’t have anything to do with why they changed it to only say “Snoozin”. I don’t think it would increase the cost by any significance to have it say “Crusizin” as well like they used to.

My snagging was totally by accident along with the room service menu. I had put my FunTimes in a pile on the desk and things got mixed in. I grabbed the whole thing and put it in my suitcase. However, that shouldn’t have anything to do with why they changed it to only say “Snoozin”. I don’t think it would increase the cost by any significance to have it say “Crusizin” as well like they used to.

No one is judging, just return it in your next cruise :-)

My point exactly, how will the stewards know who's crusing versus who is not using the sign? This change forces people to not use the sign while they are cruising...

Guess they figure if you’re not “Snoozin” you’re Cruizin. They always know when you’re out of your cabin anyway. They’re like ninjas!

No, whats printed makes no difference in cost. But, if say 500 leave any ship or ships at the end of any number of cruises, that is what costs Carnival. If they reprint them, of course wreaking havoc across the fleet, and drop the "Cruisizn", maybe, just maybe, not as many leave the ship...and could possibly save a few $$$...maybe...

No, whats printed makes no difference in cost. But, if say 500 leave any ship or ships at the end of any number of cruises, that is what costs Carnival. If they reprint them, of course wreaking havoc across the fleet, and drop the "Cruisizn", maybe, just maybe, not as many leave the ship...and could possibly save a few $$$...maybe...

Maybe. Although I’ve seen quite a few that were in desperate need of retirement, so they could stand to replace them.

I always have my deadbolt on when I’m on the room whether it be at night or during the day. It’s a habit - as soon as I enter the room, I gently close the door and turn the deadbolt.

We do as well, but I still don't want anyone knocking trying to clean my room while I'm napping.

Guess they figure if you’re not “Snoozin” you’re Cruizin. They always know when you’re out of your cabin anyway. They’re like ninjas!

Ours on our last cruise must have been deathly afraid of us since they only time they ever came to our cabin was when we were gone. We saw her once while we were in our room (the second day). A couple other times we saw her in the hallway and each time it was like she'd never seen us before. After all I'd read about how awesome rooms stewards are, I wasn't impressed. Hope the steward on our next cruise is much better.

Ours on our last cruise must have been deathly afraid of us since they only time they ever came to our cabin was when we were gone. We saw her once while we were in our room (the second day). A couple other times we saw her in the hallway and each time it was like she'd never seen us before. After all I'd read about how awesome rooms stewards are, I wasn't impressed. Hope the steward on our next cruise is much better.

Sounds like the perfect steward. They cleaned your room when you were not there, and did their job. The only conversation I had with one was when they were asking me questions about my mobility scooter, and I exchanged info on where I bought it.

Sounds like the perfect steward. They cleaned your room when you were not there, and did their job. The only conversation I had with one was when they were asking me questions about my mobility scooter, and I exchanged info on where I bought it.

To me too. I barely saw mine last cruise. Low and behold every time in the morning when I went out I came back to an ice bucket full. Never asked for one and have no idea how they knew I was gone because I didn’t see them in the hall. I don’t need them pestering me while I’m in my cabin and if they want to chat, great. If not that’s cool too.