Carnival valor-progresso or No progresso cruise

Kk0208

Hi All, I am new here and this will be our first cruise. We are booked for dec with my 6yr n 1 yr old kids. Just wanted to know how is progresso beach? We are looking for beautiful beach with blue water n white sand but looking at other reviews it doesn't seems it has one of that kind of beach there. Can anybody give a suggestion what to expect in progresso? Also I am thinking weather to take 4 days with just Cozumel or stick to this 5 days plan?? Both are costing me the same, it's just that extra 1 day is worth to take or leave it ? Please advise

Hi Kk0208:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Let me recommend that you post this on the Progresso Ports Of Call Port at:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=154

Please note that CC has a ports of call section for most ports around the world which is a great place to learn about the port including asking questions.

Keith

You won't have white sand or clear blue water in Progreso, but it is still a neat place to visit. There are a couple of resort tours that also offer a short tour of ruins. This is a real Mexican fishing village and a stroll a few blocks away from the Malecon will let you see how these people really live. I have seen some beautiful homes,shopped where the locals shop (found real bargains there) and have eaten where the locals eat. Fantastic! There is also a double decker bus that will give you a short town tour for a few bucks.

Many people don't even get off the ship here, but they are missing some good food. Drinks are cold and service good at several of the eateries on the Malecon. We ate at Le Saint Bonnet of the Malecon and were served right on the beach. Another time we were prowling through the Mercado (Market) and ate where some of the locals were haveing lunch. I have no idea what I had, but it was GOOD. We have been to Progreso 3 times and did something different each time. I could go back.

You won't have white sand or clear blue water in Progreso, but it is still a neat place to visit. There are a couple of resort tours that also offer a short tour of ruins. This is a real Mexican fishing village and a stroll a few blocks away from the Malecon will let you see how these people really live. I have seen some beautiful homes,shopped where the locals shop (found real bargains there) and have eaten where the locals eat. Fantastic! There is also a double decker bus that will give you a short town tour for a few bucks.

Many people don't even get off the ship here, but they are missing some good food. Drinks are cold and service good at several of the eateries on the Malecon. We ate at Le Saint Bonnet of the Malecon and were served right on the beach. Another time we were prowling through the Mercado (Market) and ate where some of the locals were haveing lunch. I have no idea what I had, but it was GOOD. We have been to Progreso 3 times and did something different each time. I could go back.

Thanks clackey :D for the info