NYE in FLL

new2cruising2006

I will be in Fll one night post cruise on NYE. I have been researching the Downtown Countdown festival that night as something to do. It is located on SW 2nd Street. I'm figuring that traffic/taxis/Uber's will be crazy after midnight, so I was wondering if there are any hotels that would be in a safe walking distance from there. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I will be in Fll one night post cruise on NYE. I have been researching the Downtown Countdown festival that night as something to do. It is located on SW 2nd Street. I'm figuring that traffic/taxis/Uber's will be crazy after midnight, so I was wondering if there are any hotels that would be in a safe walking distance from there. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

The Riverside Hotel.

Depending upon how good shape you are in, the 17th Street Hotels are only a couple of miles from downtown. It is walkable.

Plan on Uber surging 10x.

There is a Hampton Inn on Andrews Ave, about 10-minutes walking distance from SW 2nd Street. The area has really improved a lot over the year, with the development of new apartment buildings, bars, and restaurants.

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hampton-inn-ft-lauderdale-downtown-las-olas-area-FLLDNHX/index.html

There is a Hampton Inn on Andrews Ave, about 10-minutes walking distance from SW 2nd Street. The area has really improved a lot over the year, with the development of new apartment buildings, bars, and restaurants.

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hampton-inn-ft-lauderdale-downtown-las-olas-area-FLLDNHX/index.html

Yes, the area has improved but it is still very sketch at night. I live near it and will not walk around the area at night.