suggestions for early evening?

bcaha

We are not late night people... looking for suggestions for a Tuesday evening in October. Was considering Tropicana, but I think I'll fall asleep there, especially if we've been out exploring all day in the heat. Are any of the other cabaret shows earlier? Any other suggestions besides having dinner in Havana? thanks!!

The Legendarios del Guajiroto show starts at 9pm, which may be earlier than the Tropicana show. It's also in Old Havana, which Tropicana is not. The food is ok, but the show is really good- we were there this last Friday, and really enjoyed it. Very international crowd, too.

There is music playing all over the place in Old Havana- not really a cabaret show, but live music none the less. Ranges from typical music you would hear with Buena Vista Social Club to more modern "indie contemporary". And some more jazz.

That's all we have experienced, so far- I understood that there is more options in other neighborhoods, but not knowing specifics, I can't recommend anything.

The Legendarios del Guajiroto show starts at 9pm, which may be earlier than the Tropicana show. It's also in Old Havana, which Tropicana is not. The food is ok, but the show is really good- we were there this last Friday, and really enjoyed it. Very international crowd, too.

Was this walking distance from the ship? If cab how much did you pay? Cover charge to get in or just cost of dinner? Did you have to stop there ahead & make reservations or you just showed up a 1/2 hr or hour before? Could you give a general idea of what to expect for pay for food (did you have dinner there or on ship & just nosh type food) & a drink? Sorry for so many questions! Thanks for any help you or anyone else can provide.

Was this walking distance from the ship? If cab how much did you pay? Cover charge to get in or just cost of dinner? Did you have to stop there ahead & make reservations or you just showed up a 1/2 hr or hour before? Could you give a general idea of what to expect for pay for food (did you have dinner there or on ship & just nosh type food) & a drink? Sorry for so many questions! Thanks for any help you or anyone else can provide.

From the cruise port, it's about a mile. And since we were staying at an apartment about 1/3 mi away, the 10cuc taxi isn't really applicable.

For just the cover charge, I'd suggest going to their web page- our bill was just under 100cuc- dinner, three drinks (we got 2 mojitos and a bottle of water), and the show. Again, dinner was ok, but the best part about it is that you have to get there earlier, which gives you better seats.

We managed to make reservations in advance, but I understand that you can find hotels that sell the tickets when you arrive. For advance reservations, 50% had to be paid up front- and we have a friend who was able to do that (he was the owner of the apartment). BTW, reservations don't really mean you get a desireable seat- just that you get one. So we arrived a few min before 8pm, which is dinner was supposed to start, and there were a handful of people already there. We ended up with a table for 2 at the end of the runway- thinking that closer was better- but IMHO, we had great seats, since most of the singers and dancers came down the runway to perform.

The question of dinner on the ship or in the theater? Unless your ship is one of the better food ships, and you just can't miss that dinner, I'd do the theater. Again, it's not great, but good. Drinks are nice, and the seats and show makes up for it.

Hope that helps!

From the cruise port, it's about a mile. And since we were staying at an apartment about 1/3 mi away, the 10cuc taxi isn't really applicable.

For just the cover charge, I'd suggest going to their web page- our bill was just under 100cuc- dinner, three drinks (we got 2 mojitos and a bottle of water), and the show. Again, dinner was ok, but the best part about it is that you have to get there earlier, which gives you better seats.

We managed to make reservations in advance, but I understand that you can find hotels that sell the tickets when you arrive. For advance reservations, 50% had to be paid up front- and we have a friend who was able to do that (he was the owner of the apartment). BTW, reservations don't really mean you get a desireable seat- just that you get one. So we arrived a few min before 8pm, which is dinner was supposed to start, and there were a handful of people already there. We ended up with a table for 2 at the end of the runway- thinking that closer was better- but IMHO, we had great seats, since most of the singers and dancers came down the runway to perform.

The question of dinner on the ship or in the theater? Unless your ship is one of the better food ships, and you just can't miss that dinner, I'd do the theater. Again, it's not great, but good. Drinks are nice, and the seats and show makes up for it.

Hope that helps!

Perfect! Thanks so much!!(y)

• 1 month later...