Pre Cruise stay New Orleans

dramaqueenjan

I am looking for recommendations for a pre cruise hotel in New Orleans. Was looking at Chateau LeMoyne, Omni Royal Orleans, or Four points by sheraton .Looking for opinions on any of these properties or recommendations for something better thank you .We plan to fly in a few days early to enjoy the city .:)

Edited by dramaqueenjan

As you already know, all are in the French Quarter. The Four Points is on Bourbon, which can be mouser. The Lemoyne is one block up from Bourbon, and the Omni is toward the river. Of those three, all else being equal, I would stay at the Omni. Away from Bourbon, so a bit quieter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed at the Marriott convention center. They are right near the port. We could walk to the port. If someone were driving the Marriott has underground parking that you can leave your car for a fee. Also the above ground parking is right down the street. We walked all over.

We normally stay a couple of times a year at the Chateau Lemoyne. Good location only a block off of Bourbon and convenient for activities in the Quarter. If you prefer being in the CBD, then we usually stay at either the Drury Inn or Staybridge Suites on Poydras.

It all depends on how convenient you want to be to what you have plans to do.

You can also see this link which references New Orleans hotels.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2171595

Edited by beaucajun
added hotel link

Last time I was there I stayed at the Hotel Mazarin. It's about a block off Bourbon Street, clean and comfortable.

I will be sailing from there again on Feb 17, 2018. I tried the Mazarin, but it had no rooms for the day before the cruise. I ended up booking the Hotel Monteleone. It is also a block off Bourbon St. I'm looking forward to it--they have a fairly famous revolving bar, a long history, and a supposedly haunted 14th floor. (But maybe that isn't an attraction for you!)

Last time I was there I stayed at the Hotel Mazarin. It's about a block off Bourbon Street, clean and comfortable.

I will be sailing from there again on Feb 17, 2018. I tried the Mazarin, but it had no rooms for the day before the cruise. I ended up booking the Hotel Monteleone. It is also a block off Bourbon St. I'm looking forward to it--they have a fairly famous revolving bar, a long history, and a supposedly haunted 14th floor. (But maybe that isn't an attraction for you!)

Hotel Monteleone is beautiful!

I stayed at the Drury mentioned above and it was one of my favorite ever hotels. it was near Christmas and was decorated awesomely.

Also, included a free happy hour. if you are at the hotel during those hours, they give you a couple of chits and make quite a long list of drinks and strong. i think they had snacks, and a good breakfast.

I think this particular drury is like their signature hotel they told me, the best drury they have. its beautiful, the staff was helpfull in where to eat and suggestions.

marble in the entryways to the rooms, high ceilings, good beds, its was just beautiful. just beautiful, but its a couple blocks toward the cruise terminal away from french qtr, but sure is a beautiful hotel

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I stayed at the Pontchartrain Hotel last year for our elopement and it was absolutely wonderful. It is located in the Garden District so away from the noise of the French Quarter but it is on St Charles Ave so the streetcar stops right out their front door. The staff in the hotel, both bars and the restaurant were fabulous. We were treated like royalty and given some amazing freebies when they found out we were there for our wedding. I can not say enough great things about them. I’ve attached a couple of photos of our room and the view from the rooftop bar. It is the best few in the whole city. 0366fe0e2f33bcf5ecd9987f668e1fce.jpg234134be78c52bc66d677a1a95187a29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums