Anyone else impressed with NCL responding on Cruise Critic?

#1TravelMom

With thousands of cruisers posting daily - good and bad, I have to commend NCL for their willingness to be involved. I have been on 40+ cruises and have to say NCL is our favorite. Tripadvisor also has an option for businesses to reply to posts. I think it is a valuable feature as we can read NCL responses to issues that may be important to us. Kuddos to NCL for giving someone this mission!!!

With thousands of cruisers posting daily - good and bad, I have to commend NCL for their willingness to be involved. I have been on 40+ cruises and have to say NCL is our favorite. Tripadvisor also has an option for businesses to reply to posts. I think it is a valuable feature as we can read NCL responses to issues that may be important to us. Kuddos to NCL for giving someone this mission!!!

Every Day ;)

Does anyone have an email for NCL that handles pre-booked cruise issues? All I can find is a phone number that I've called twice, get transferred twice and then disconnected twice. All after holding for 40+ minutes combined.

It depends on the issue . if you could give a rough idea of the problem I might be able to send you to the right email.. Your call. ;)

Dont be afraid :D

Couldn't agree with you more. They definitely get an A+ for effort.

Does anyone have an email for NCL that handles pre-booked cruise issues? All I can find is a phone number that I've called twice, get transferred twice and then disconnected twice. All after holding for 40+ minutes combined.

Prebooked cruise issues are always handled by your travel agent or PCC. You should simply contact them with anything that you need.

I had an isue, and posted a question about it here. Within hours, NCL responded, and fixed the problem, plus gave us an OBC! Wow!

On a RCCL cruise, the cruise director's ass't said he is on cruise critic throughout the day, that it's part of his job, and he has over 35 aliases that he posts under, "and you'll never find out any of them." Don't know if that's true...but I sure haven't seen the kind of response that NCL shows on this board.

I was blown away by that response. Hope the luggage was found!

Looks like NCL is aware of the opinions expressed on CC.

The response to the luggage impressed me more than anyother NCL response. That is taking customer service above and beyond. (IMHO):D

Our recent cruise director, Dan the Man stated that NCL has a social media department that manages Facebook, twitter and Cruise Critic, plus other sites I am sure. I would imagine that all cruise lines do so. You could tell that they take cruise critic very seriously as a source for information and misinformation to passengers.

When I asked him whether he read CC, he said not often but occasionally. He also said that when he has, he wonders if some oft he passengers who are complaining were even on the same cruise that he was on. His point was that they complain about some strange things here on CC, and much of what they complain about could easily have been fixed if only they asked someone. That was his response, not mine, but I think I agree with him.

Is this a follow up to your other posts wanting a free upgrade? If so, you still have to contact your TA as that is who you booked with. NCL is not going to be of much help on these issues. Part of the "problem" with booking with a TA is that they are your only point of contact until your cruise. If this is another issue, let us know and we can see about some help.

Prebooked cruise issues are always handled by your travel agent or PCC. You should simply contact them with anything that you need.

We have a cruise booked for May, a 14day, Adriatic, Italy & Greek Isles on the Jade. We originally booked a Penthouse Suite and received a $300 OBC. We decided we wanted to upgrade to a Two Bedroom Suite. We took care of this with our new PCC as our old one left NCL right before we booked this cruise. When we upgraded, our PCC said an amenity package came with the new suite, chocolate covered strawberries, wine, $50 spa certificate, dinner in the steak rest. and the Italian rest. We didn't realize at the time our $300 OBC was gone. I emailed NCL at socialmedia@NCL.com and explained the problem. Within 1/2 hr. we received a phone call trelling us they would take care of the problem. 1 & 1/2 hrs. later I received a email, a written confirmation with the $300 OBC back. We couldn't have asked for any better customer service than this.

Our recent cruise director, Dan the Man stated that NCL has a social media department that manages Facebook, twitter and Cruise Critic, plus other sites I am sure. I would imagine that all cruise lines do so. You could tell that they take cruise critic very seriously as a source for information and misinformation to passengers.

When I asked him whether he read CC, he said not often but occasionally. He also said that when he has, he wonders if some oft he passengers who are complaining were even on the same cruise that he was on. His point was that they complain about some strange things here on CC, and much of what they complain about could easily have been fixed if only they asked someone. That was his response, not mine, but I think I agree with him.

I am an assistant manager at a hotel and our management company is in the process of having us do the same thing. Starting the end of this month we will be required to monitor most of social media sites as well as post responses to comments that previous guests leave.

I couldn't agree more about things that could easily be fixed/taken care of if it would be brought to the staff's attention. At my hotel I always thank a guest when they let us know something wasn't to their satisfaction because it gives me the opportunity to change it for their next stay or the next guest.

I am very impressed with their responses as well as their customer service!

I am very pleased to see NCL Social Media Team active but I still do have my doubts:

1. Seeing that NCL is active here, people are much more prone to complain here about things that do not warrant any compensation in the first place - we have seen this already with few threads, one written especially to threat NCL with bad publicity after a set deadline.

2. From what I've seen, they pretty much only respond to threads that have generated a lot of traffic - so to speak, cherry picking high profile threads to maximize the viral effect.

I know that I'm being a bit cynical about this, but unfortunately it shows here that people are getting increasingly entitled thoughts that companies can be blamed for their own mistakes too (a good example is one mentioned in several threads during the last few days - getting a "no" for an answer from a customer service doesn't mean that the service is bad or unfair) and NCL's active presence is not helping that specific situation at all.

Until NCL Social Media Team takes action to all cases equally* and NCL's customer service is also up to speed with proper procedures and training, I have to say that while their presence here is nice, it's merely just a (marketing) gimmick to polish the surface and generate goodwill. It's a very good direction but needs so much more work from NCL's part.

* Since they began posting here, I for one have emailed them with my problem with spam from NCL and unsuccessful attempts to get the PCC to stop it and never received any reply from anyone. The matter is now bygone but didn't leave good impression.

Edited by Demonyte

2. From what I've seen, they pretty much only respond to threads that have generated a lot of traffic - so to speak, cherry picking high profile threads to maximize the viral effect.

I have to disagree with this statement. A great example is the lost luggage thread. Not a ton of postings, but NCL seized on an opportunity to reach out and help someone truly in need on an issue of some urgency. This goes beyond just placating the complainers.

Yep, definitely put me in the "Impressed" category.

:) . :) . :)

Kudos, NCL!

Ditto. This same type of attention on every sailing I have taken impresses me even more. It seems they do their best to keep all bases covered. This is what puts them above in my opinion....they actually CARE what their passengers think and strive to be the best.

Thank you all for your comments and support! We make it a priority to read all of your comments and feedback and do our best to resolve any concerns or issues you may have.

If you have any specific concerns, always feel free to contact us at socialmedia@ncl.com and we will connect you with someone in Guest Relations who will be able to assist you further.

Thank you for Cruising Like a Norwegian and we hope to see you back on board again very soon!

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations