Day-use Hotel in Tahiti (Papeete area)

ballfamily

Can anyone recommend a day-use hotel in Tahiti, particularly the Papeete area? Looking for suggestions and contact info to continue my research into options for a full day in Tahiti following our cruise. Also, any suggestions about reliable full-day excursions out of Papeete also appreciated. Thanks!

A few years back I was able to book a day room at the Intercontinental. Recently I asked and they would only accept last minute (like within a week or two) reservations. I had to call them direct to get that info. This time I'm using a place I found on Airbnb. The owner will pick us up at the port and arrange a taxi for us to the airport in the evening. Pictures show a lovely pool and view. Have read positive things about the Hotel Sarah Nui right in Papeete. It seems like it's very basic and just a place to hang your hat. A real bargain but also basic is the Fare Suisse. We stayed there last year and going back again in November. No pool, just a place to rest and relax after you tour, but the owner will pick you at the port and take you to the airport.

• Like 1

Hi Petoonya -- I contacted the Intercontinental yesterday. They replied that they had no "day use or transit" option. The possibility of an Air BNB like you had may also be an option for us. Would you mind sharing contact details - either here or by email? (glenn.ball@comcast.net) Thanks!

I thought I'd post this update on my question about day-use hotels in Papeete. I found that the (Mariott) Le Meridien offers a day-use room and use off facilities for about USD $200. Following is the email I received about this:

On Sep 10, 2018, at 6:04 PM, Jeanne ALEXANDRE <stagiaire@lemeridien-tahiti.pf> wrote:

Ia Orana Glenn,

Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in our hotel.

I am happy to confirm that we do offer Day Use room available from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on your requested date, please find the rate below :

• Day Use room (run of the house) : 20 520 xpf including taxes

Should you wish to go ahead with the reservation, please let me know and I will be happy to make the arrangement on your behalf. I will need your credit card details in order to guarantee the reservation. Please fill up the form attached and send it back to me at your earliest convenience

Kindly note that the reservation can be cancelled 4 days prior to your arrival without penalties. If you cancel the reservation 3 days before, 1 night room and tax will be charged to your credit card. In case of no-show or cancellation on arrival date, full stay will be charged.

Please let me know if we may be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Jeanne ALEXANDRE

Revenue & Reservations Department

T: 689-40-47-07-26 | F: 689-40-47-07-28

S 17° 38’ W 149° 36’

LE MERIDIEN TAHITI

BP 380595 Tamanu, 98718 Punaauia - Polynésie Française

Lemeridien.com/tahiti

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, ballfamily said:

I thought I'd post this update on my question about day-use hotels in Papeete. I found that the (Mariott) Le Meridien offers a day-use room and use off facilities for about USD $200. Following is the email I received about this:

On Sep 10, 2018, at 6:04 PM, Jeanne ALEXANDRE <stagiaire@lemeridien-tahiti.pf> wrote:

Ia Orana Glenn,

Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in our hotel.

I am happy to confirm that we do offer Day Use room available from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on your requested date, please find the rate below :

• Day Use room (run of the house) : 20 520 xpf including taxes

Should you wish to go ahead with the reservation, please let me know and I will be happy to make the arrangement on your behalf. I will need your credit card details in order to guarantee the reservation. Please fill up the form attached and send it back to me at your earliest convenience

Kindly note that the reservation can be cancelled 4 days prior to your arrival without penalties. If you cancel the reservation 3 days before, 1 night room and tax will be charged to your credit card. In case of no-show or cancellation on arrival date, full stay will be charged.

Please let me know if we may be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Jeanne ALEXANDRE

Revenue & Reservations Department

T: 689-40-47-07-26 | F: 689-40-47-07-28

S 17° 38’ W 149° 36’

LE MERIDIEN TAHITI

BP 380595 Tamanu, 98718 Punaauia - Polynésie Française

Lemeridien.com/tahiti

Did this work for you?  I tried the email but that did not work and the hotel website does not work.  Thanks,

The Manava Suites doesn't offer day rooms but if you watch their prices frequently you can get a room for as low as $163 USD.  Also the Intercontinental will offer day rooms but only 10-14 days prior to your stay. We're doing an overnight Airbnb as a day room Dec 14, that offers pickup at the port and drop off at the airport, even a stop at a grocery store for goodies. Nice pool too.

We literally just returned last night. We booked day rates at the Intercontinental a couple of months in advance, it is super pricey but having just come back it is so worth it. The p,ace is dreamy, the staff very accommodating and we just found the resort to be paradise! 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 3:14 AM, Zoey1 said:

We literally just returned last night. We booked day rates at the Intercontinental a couple of months in advance, it is super pricey but having just come back it is so worth it. The p,ace is dreamy, the staff very accommodating and we just found the resort to be paradise! 

Hi Zoey1, thank you for your post.  We will be visiting by ship February 25th/2019, if you book a day rate what does that include?. Is there a food/beverage credit. The best price I see for the hotel for an actual nights stay (2/25/19) is 247USD.  As far as currency goes, can you pay in USD all over Tahiti, or is it necessary to have the local currency . I am fine with both. We are Canadians, so either way I will have to do exchange.  I did email the Intercontinental last night, but have read they often don't respond.  

• 3 years later...

@DrivesLikeMario We just returned from French Polynesia.  We spent about 6 hours in a day room at Le Tahiti by Pearl Resorts.  We had a two-level room with a full bath and a half. The view was spectacular and we heard the sound of the ocean waves crashing on the shore.  The room was clean but dated; it was good for a few hours’ stay.  This hotel is about a half hour drive from the airport, and there is nothing within walking distance in the way of shopping, which wasn’t important to us but may be to some people.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Northern Swan said:

@DrivesLikeMario We just returned from French Polynesia.  We spent about 6 hours in a day room at Le Tahiti by Pearl Resorts.  We had a two-level room with a full bath and a half. The view was spectacular and we heard the sound of the ocean waves crashing on the shore.  The room was clean but dated; it was good for a few hours’ stay.  This hotel is about a half hour drive from the airport, and there is nothing within walking distance in the way of shopping, which wasn’t important to us but may be to some people.

Did you book your air through Oceania?  I've heard of others getting a day room included and I'm thinking it's because they booked thru O on ATN.  We don't really want to fly ATN.  Air France's business class is much nicer and about $800-$1000 per person less but I'm interested to know all the same.

1 hour ago, Northern Swan said:

@DrivesLikeMario We sailed with Paul Gauguin but booked our air and land separately.  We flew business class with Air Tahiti Nui but in my opinion the value received was not great, plus the seats were not very comfortable.

Good info, thank you.  I’d rather go with AF if at all possible.  I watched the videos on ATN’s business class on You Tube and they cram 2 extra seats per row in Bus.!  The food wasn’t impressive either.  

1 minute ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Good info, thank you.  I’d rather go with AF if at all possible.  I watched the videos on ATN’s business class on You Tube and they cram 2 extra seats per row in Bus.!  The food wasn’t impressive either.  

I had no issue with the food but that is a subjective thing that will vary from person to person.  As for cramming seats in, other carriers I’ve flown with (Air Canada, KLM, Lufthansa, others) have the same configuration in Business Class, i.e. 2-2-2 and that was fine.  However, the position of the middle partition in between the two seats gives you less room in the seat, and the seats themselves feel like they have no cushion. Regardless of which airline you choose, the flight will be worth it once you arrive in French Polynesia!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/8/2018 at 6:14 PM, Petoonya said:

A few years back I was able to book a day room at the Intercontinental. Recently I asked and they would only accept last minute (like within a week or two) reservations. I had to call them direct to get that info. This time I'm using a place I found on Airbnb. The owner will pick us up at the port and arrange a taxi for us to the airport in the evening. Pictures show a lovely pool and view. Have read positive things about the Hotel Sarah Nui right in Papeete. It seems like it's very basic and just a place to hang your hat. A real bargain but also basic is the Fare Suisse. We stayed there last year and going back again in November. No pool, just a place to rest and relax after you tour, but the owner will pick you at the port and take you to the airport.

Just booked the Fare Suisse. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Would like this back to the top and hear what recent travelers are doing on day use hotels in Papeete. Also any vacation rentals that may accommodate the same - off cruise around 9am and flight at 10:45p same day. Thanks in advance. 

On 10/29/2022 at 3:52 PM, dolls123 said:

Just booked the Fare Suisse. 

How did you find Fare Suisse? I'm considering Fare Suisse for a couple days after a Windstar cruise before I return to planet Earth. 😩  Reviews look good for a non-fancy but decent place. I'll be solo.

I will have already spent a week on land in Moorea so I don't feel compelled to go back over there.  I just want to decompress a little after the ship and before the flight back home.

Besides @dolls123 does anyone else have recent experience?

Thanks,

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

4 hours ago, oakridger said:

How did you find Fare Suisse? I'm considering Fare Suisse for a couple days after a Windstar cruise before I return to planet Earth. 😩  Reviews look good for a non-fancy but decent place. I'll be solo.

I will have already spent a week on land in Moorea so I don't feel compelled to go back over there.  I just want to decompress a little after the ship and before the flight back home.

Besides @dolls123 does anyone else have recent experience?

Thanks,

~Nancy

The rooms were nice. They say they have day room rates but no one told me what those rates were so I booked 2 rooms for the night enough though I just used them as dayrooms. The staff was very unorganized. They didn't know how many rooms I booked. This is why I ALWAYS print out all confirmation letters. The FREE transportaion to the airport was frustrating. They tell to you meet in one spot but they boarded people in another spot so we had to wait since it was full when it drove past us. That being said for the price I would book them again. 

• Thanks 1

@dolls123 Thank you so much for coming back and answering my question so quickly!  It sounds like if I go in with the appropriate expectations it will work just fine for what I need. I'm like you, I always print confirmation letters!  They are on my phone too, but sometimes the cell service doesn't work so I have the old school paper back up!  

I see you are booked on the new line Explora.  I have been watching to see how those first cruises go (finally!) because the ship looks beautiful.  Windstar will be new to me since I have solidly determined that I definitely prefer smaller ships.  Less than about 1000 passengers.

~Nancy

• 3 months later...
On 6/27/2023 at 4:24 PM, oakridger said:

@dolls123 Thank you so much for coming back and answering my question so quickly!  It sounds like if I go in with the appropriate expectations it will work just fine for what I need. I'm like you, I always print confirmation letters!  They are on my phone too, but sometimes the cell service doesn't work so I have the old school paper back up!  

I see you are booked on the new line Explora.  I have been watching to see how those first cruises go (finally!) because the ship looks beautiful.  Windstar will be new to me since I have solidly determined that I definitely prefer smaller ships.  Less than about 1000 passengers.

~Nancy

Hello,

I saw that you were inquiring about the Fare Suisse from dolls123. I'm wondering if you did decide to stay there and if so what your experience was like? I'm going on Paul Gauguin in April 2024 and have booked the Fare Suisse for one night before we board the ship. Much cheaper than the pre-cruise package that Paul Gauguin offers.