Labadee with an 11 year old boy

Renee.d

I am taking my 11 year old and my Mom on a cruise that stops in Labadee and I'm not sure what to do for the day.

I was thinking of doing the coaster for my son but other than that I wasn't sure if I should book Amiga Island or just find a nice beach in Labadee. I was looking for a pretty beach with clear water but I'm not sure if my son will be totally bored if we book Amiga Island. Any advice?

Thank you!

There is so much to do on Labadee....not sure if you really need to spend extra on "excursions" there. Depends what you enjoy! If boredom ensues, you can always head back to the ship and use it's facilities without crowds!

Lots of things to do with an 11-year old on Labadee. Moms are harder to please. My list would include:

* Coaster - if you go more than twice get an All Day Pass. Each driver can take one passenger too

* Aqua Park - This is fun and will wear him out. Lots of swimming and climbing

* Hike/Walk to Dragon's Breath Lookout - a short path at the tip of the peninsula where you can hear the dragon breathing under the rocks

* Zip Line - Fun, but expensive, which is why it is not first on the list

* Swimming at the Beach / Playing in the sand. Columbus Cove is our favorite spot, but there are 4 different beaches to choose from (3 if you are not in a suite)

* Hammocks - They are free and located throughout Labadee

• 5 weeks later...

When my children were younger, they loved the aqua park. It lasts one hour, and then another group had their turn on the inflatables. It was $15 per child. I'm not sure how much it is now.

• 2 months later...

My kids loved the water slide on the beach at Columbus Cove, even my grown adult kids lol. It's a snort walk up a shady hill, then a crazy twisty slide into a splash zone, so no worries about deep water. That beach area has a nice soft sandy bottom, with plenty of shade if you want it. Restrooms and lunch are close by too.

My kids loved the water slide on the beach at Columbus Cove, even my grown adult kids lol. It's a snort walk up a shady hill, then a crazy twisty slide into a splash zone, so no worries about deep water. That beach area has a nice soft sandy bottom, with plenty of shade if you want it. Restrooms and lunch are close by too.

is this the water slide that RCCL offers as an "excursion" or another water slide? We will be there mid-September and are doing the Aquapark but my kiddo wold love the water slide if it isnt the one that is featured as an excursion (he doesnt meet the height requirement for that one yet)

is this the water slide that RCCL offers as an "excursion" or another water slide? We will be there mid-September and are doing the Aquapark but my kiddo wold love the water slide if it isnt the one that is featured as an excursion (he doesnt meet the height requirement for that one yet)[/quot

It's an excursion I think, there's a fee for it. It doesn't have a deep drop into the Water, more of a splash zone, but it does go pretty fast on the way down. I think my youngest was 6 when she first got to ride.

My kids also love the water slide. It is the excursion that costs about 23 bucks and never seems to go on sale (grr). My kids did not like the aqua park at all, as it is quite strenuous to climb up on the floats and bigger kids make them bounce a lot.

The water slide is nicely situated near Columbus cove and you can find a shady place to have chairs set up to serve as a hub. My kids generally bounce back and forth from the beach/water to the slide and I can easily keep track of them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums