Bali beds

shaskelly

Hi all

Although we are regular SeaDreamers, we have never used the Bali beds. Can anyone give me their experiences and recommendations/tips?

I am also interested in using the Bali beds during the day - what's the protocol for this? Do you book for the daytime or is it first come first served? Is there a way to rig shade for during the day? Is there a time limit?

Thanks in advance

Hi all

Although we are regular SeaDreamers, we have never used the Bali beds. Can anyone give me their experiences and recommendations/tips?

I am also interested in using the Bali beds during the day - what's the protocol for this? Do you book for the daytime or is it first come first served? Is there a way to rig shade for during the day? Is there a time limit?

Thanks in advance

First come, first served during the day. No time limit. There is usually one available. Umbrellas are available and will be adjusted by the guys as needed.

We have never slept there at night and don’t ever plan to. Too hot, too noisy and too much light. Otherwise, I’m sure it’s a wonderful experience 😀.

First come, first served during the day. No time limit. There is usually one available. Umbrellas are available and will be adjusted by the guys as needed.

We have never slept there at night and don’t ever plan to. Too hot, too noisy and too much light. Otherwise, I’m sure it’s a wonderful experience [emoji3].

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have slept on the Bali Beds in the Med and really enjoyed it ... but that’s when the ship is moving longer between ports overnight ... if you want to try the overnight sleep experience be sure to get the more private bed forward of the TOY Bar in front ... not the Bali Beds on the side near the TOY Bar ... that said, the Bali beds are great during the day, first come first served, near bar ... did I say near bar? ... get the ones closer to the bar to avoid the “warmth” from the funnel ... ENJOY ABOVE ALL ELSE!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We slept in the front one and it was fun, but perhaps not the best sleep you'll ever get. The bed is made up great so it's super comfortable, but there are emergency deck lights that stay on all night, and you'll hear the late crowd at the bar, even up front. Definitely bring your eye masks and ear plugs. Sign up on day one for your preferred night.

We have slept on the Bali bed (the private one in the front) twice. I love it, my DH hates, hates, hates it and at this point we will never do it again because of that. That being said, I find that the experience lends itself more to staying up there for a couple of hours rather than sleeping the whole night. Last week we made it until 2, at which point we went down to our room. But it was a lovely experience - the sky was beautiful, the breeze was blowing, there were many stars - just terrific. The first time we did this I found that the Bali beds, which are so comfortable during the day, are not really comfortable for sleeping. But other Seadreamers told me to request that they make up the bed with an "egg crate." I did make that request this time and it made a big difference; I thought the mattress was comfortable. It certainly is an experience worth trying once to see whether you like it. There's no commitment - if you're not happy you just leave and go back to your cabin. But book the bed as soon as you board - that the front one is the best Bali bed is no longer a secret and it is popular.