2 EPIC Questions.

1AL

I am considering a cruise on the EPIC.

Is it necessary to reserve in advance (before you cruise) the seats for the shows in the main theater?

Is it necessary to reserve in advance (before you cruise) the table for specialty/pay dining?

Is there anything else that is recommended you book in advance before you even cruise?

Activities that I usually participate in are trivia and game-shows during the day and dinner and then a show at night so any info related to these activities that need to be booked in advance would be appreciated.

There is no need to address any Spa or Gym related activities that require an advance booking as I do not participate in either of these.

I am kinda torn between booking on the EPIC or just passing on it as if it requires that you structure your evening plans well in advance, to me, it seems that it defeats NCL's Freestyle cruising concept. I have been on quite a few cruises but none of them have been on ships bigger than 3000 passenger capacity and I surely am somewhat hesitant about making the leap into cruising on the mega-ships although I would like to try at least once.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by 1AL

Following. We are already booked. There are a few things I am interested in an would rather book in advance than worry about it on the ship. And I am traveling with 4 other families, none of whom have cruised NCL before, so I’d love to pass it on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am considering a cruise on the EPIC.

Is it necessary to reserve in advance (before you cruise) the seats for the shows in the main theater?

Is it necessary to reserve in advance (before you cruise) the table for specialty/pay dining?

Is there anything else that is recommended you book in advance before you even cruise?

Activities that I usually participate in are trivia and game-shows during the day and dinner and then a show at night so any info related to these activities that need to be booked in advance would be appreciated.

There is no need to address any Spa or Gym related activities that require an advance booking as I do not participate in either of these.

I am kinda torn between booking on the EPIC or just passing on it as if it requires that you structure your evening plans well in advance, to me, it seems that it defeats NCL's Freestyle cruising concept. I have been on quite a few cruises but none of them have been on ships bigger than 3000 passenger capacity and I surely am somewhat hesitant about making the leap into cruising on the mega-ships although I would like to try at least once.

Thanks in advance.

You SHOULD/must reserve seats for the two main theater shows Burn the Floor and Percilla.

You MUST reserve a table at specialty restaurants. The most popular are Cagney’s Steakhouse and Teppanyaki.

You can do both on your MyNCL account.

You SHOULD/must reserve seats for the two main theater shows Burn the Floor and Percilla.

You MUST reserve a table at specialty restaurants. The most popular are Cagney’s Steakhouse and Teppanyaki.

You can do both on your MyNCL account.

If you do not reserve in advance (like before you cruise) do you mean to say that you run the risk of not being able to see those 2 shows if you just show up at showtime?

The specialty restaurants I have always made reservations but never that far in advance, as in before the cruise!

I have always made the reservations at the dining reservations desk next to the Purser's Desk. We prefer the French Bistro, the Italian Restaurant and Moderno over Cagney's and Teppanyaki.

The cruise I am considering is a 2 week requisitioning so I am thinking maybe the crowds may be more leisurely accommodated because of the length of the cruise or am I missing something here?

If you do not reserve in advance (like before you cruise) do you mean to say that you run the risk of not being able to see those 2 shows if you just show up at showtime?

The specialty restaurants I have always made reservations but never that far in advance, as in before the cruise!

I have always made the reservations at the dining reservations desk next to the Purser's Desk. We prefer the French Bistro, the Italian Restaurant and Moderno over Cagney's and Teppanyaki.

The cruise I am considering is a 2 week requisitioning so I am thinking maybe the crowds may be more leisurely accommodated because of the length of the cruise or am I missing something here?

You can just show up to a show and wait in the standby line if you do not have reservations for it, however you do run the risk of not getting in. As far as specialty restaurants go you can make reservations once you get on the ship. The chances of getting a seat in these restaurants are pretty good, however it may not be at your exact desired time because the most popular times often are prebooked by others. We were on the Epic in early December and had an amazing vacation. We did prebook most things but we were also a group of 6 people which would be a lot harder finding space for as say a group out 2 would be. There were a few comedy shows that we wanted to see but were already full because I forgot to book them as soon as we got on the ship. Luckily for us we were staying in a 2bedroom Haven suite so the concierge was able to help us out. The Epic has so much to offer I think a 2 week repositioning cruise sounds amazing on this ship.

Oh you definitely need to reserve your tickets in advance if you actually want to see the show! It's not an "if you want to" sort of thing, not at all! There are stand by lines but obviously could end in disappointment.

I just got off the Epic. The big shows that require booking ahead were just ok. I much preferred the shows you book only once you are on the ship like the comedy shows, hypnotists, I loved Howl at the Moon (no pre-booking required at all).

We did the transatlantic crossing on the Epic last fall. We went to every show in the main theater and all the comedians and other entertainers. We made all our reservations on our TV in the cabin and never had a problem getting in to any venue. We found that generally almost every show was not "sold out" and reservations would not have been needed. One act that was consistently crowded was the 80s rock band Siglo which plays in the Cavern. The venue is too small--they are excellent and had a very loyal following after a few nights on the ship. (This is one of the acts which is "first come first served" so there are no reservations)

Good luck and enjoy all the relaxing days at sea! (I'm envious!)

We did the transatlantic crossing on the Epic last fall. We went to every show in the main theater and all the comedians and other entertainers. We made all our reservations on our TV in the cabin and never had a problem getting in to any venue. We found that generally almost every show was not "sold out" and reservations would not have been needed. One act that was consistently crowded was the 80s rock band Siglo which plays in the Cavern. The venue is too small--they are excellent and had a very loyal following after a few nights on the ship. (This is one of the acts which is "first come first served" so there are no reservations)

Good luck and enjoy all the relaxing days at sea! (I'm envious!)

Thank you sincerely CruisinHusker, that IS excellent info, exactly what I was looking for.