St. Thomas Reception Help

ravens.grl

We're getting married in May 2013 on St. Thomas during a port day; however, we are not using the cruise ship to plan the wedding. We want to be married on Lindquist beach, but I have heard they do not have any amenties. Therefore, does anyone have any suggestions on a reception site that is not far away and is a fair price? We are worried about the additional cost of the transportation from lindquist beach to a reception hall, the alcohol, and the food costs for our guests, especially since it seems we may be having a lot more guests than we originally thought. If anyone has any good recommendations I'd appreciate it and if you happen to know the average price per person for the places. Thanks!

Thanks, but we did consider that option, but for multiple reasons we want to stay on island. For one, we have guests flying in to St. Thomas and also we have guests who have never seen the island and want to spend the day actually on island.

Did you look on island first? If so, do you know of any on island places that sounded reasonable?

We're getting married in April 2013 in St Thomas, however we're having a shipboard wedding.

I can recommend a salon for hair & make up if needed though:

http://www.sugarandspice-vi.com/

May I recommend searching through some of the older posts on here as many brides have done this. It might be a good option to book a restaurant for afterwards and maybe ask them to do a buffet style meal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I am getting married on that beach (11am ceramony) then going to have a lunch reception at sunset grille 12 30)! I booked everything with janelle from island bliss weddings - she has been a God send!!!!! She arranged everything ! Recommended a few reateraunts and got in contact immeadeatly with the resteraunt manager and they got back to me ASAP !

She arranged Transpirtation for me and my fiancé to go sign our wedding license in separate cars (I don't want him to see me that day until the actual wedding) and also provided full transportation to and from the ship to Lundquist beach and from there to Sunset grille as then back to the ship! She provides all decoration at the ceramony, cake, flowers, music... Everything!!!

http://Www.islandblissweddings.com highly recommend her!

Happy planning! :)

I was married on St Thomas in July. We also used Janelle from Island Bliss weddings and she was amazing. We were married on Secret Harbour Beach and had our reception at Sunset Grille. The staff at Sunset Grill are very friendly and the food was amazing. I was able to customize my own menu. All of my guests loved it.

Have you thought about having your reception back on the ship? That's what we're doing and the pricing is very reasonable and includes food, alcohol, cake, etc.

we are planning a reception back onboard as well on oasis in june 2013, most likely Chops. did u contact any specfic dept. to book all of this?

thanks

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I was married on St Thomas in July. We also used Janelle from Island Bliss weddings and she was amazing. We were married on Secret Harbour Beach and had our reception at Sunset Grille. The staff at Sunset Grill are very friendly and the food was amazing. I was able to customize my own menu. All of my guests loved it.

that's where we're getting marry in june 2013! and we're having cocktail hour at sunset grille! how is secret habor?

that's where we're getting marry in june 2013! and we're having cocktail hour at sunset grille! how is secret habor?

Secret Harbour is nice. The only people there are guests from the hotel so its not crowded. The water is beautiful and the background is amazing. I highly recommend it.

Secret Harbour is nice. The only people there are guests from the hotel so its not crowded. The water is beautiful and the background is amazing. I highly recommend it.

Thanks! Do you have any pictures that you could share?

Hi!

I am getting married on that beach (11am ceramony) then going to have a lunch reception at sunset grille 12 30)! I booked everything with janelle from island bliss weddings - she has been a God send!!!!! She arranged everything ! Recommended a few reateraunts and got in contact immeadeatly with the resteraunt manager and they got back to me ASAP !

She arranged Transpirtation for me and my fiancé to go sign our wedding license in separate cars (I don't want him to see me that day until the actual wedding) and also provided full transportation to and from the ship to Lundquist beach and from there to Sunset grille as then back to the ship! She provides all decoration at the ceramony, cake, flowers, music... Everything!!!

http://Www.islandblissweddings.com highly recommend her!

Happy planning! :)

Was this expensive?

• 1 month later...

I could not figure out how to message you but I am curious about your wedding. I just made the deposit to have Island Bliss do our wedding and I noticed you had a reception or lunch at Sunset. Can you tell me how it went? Was it affordable? We plan on having an informal reception when we get back but I'd love to do something with the people that are coming to the wedding.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived