Lhr terminal help

Does any one know what arrival terminal that American air and United air locate at LHR? For our May British cruise I used AA mileage and my husband used United to book our trip. We arrive few minutes apart, we have to figure out how to find each other. Thanks

Does any one know what arrival terminal that American air and United air locate at LHR? For our May British cruise I used AA mileage and my husband used United to book our trip. We arrive few minutes apart, we have to figure out how to find each other. Thanks

We have flight booked with American for Sept. and they show terminal 3 at LHR. Do not know about United.

If you use this link:

http://www.heathrowairport.com/flight-information/destinations-and-airlines

and then select "United" in the search box for airline and then "go", you will be able to see which flights go into Terminal 1 and which go into Terminal 4.

American will be T3, but make sure it is an American operated flight, not a BA operated one on a codeshare, which would be T5.

As our Happy Boater says, United will be T4 or T1 - they are moving around a bit because of the Continental merger - see http://www.heathrowairport.com/flight-information/airline-moves?description=changes&CMP=EWP728

T1 and T3 are in the same area at LHR and you can walk between. T4 is entirely separate and one of you would have to transfer after collecting your baggage (by free Heathrow Connect train is easiest). T5 is in a different place again, so same thing about a free transfer via (a different) Heathrow Connect.

I have added that detail in case you are not familiar with LHR. It is essentially three different airports sharing two runways :-)

American will be T3, but make sure it is an American operated flight, not a BA operated one on a codeshare, which would be T5.

As our Happy Boater says, United will be T4 or T1 - they are moving around a bit because of the Continental merger - see http://www.heathrowairport.com/flight-information/airline-moves?description=changes&CMP=EWP728

T1 and T3 are in the same area at LHR and you can walk between. T4 is entirely separate and one of you would have to transfer after collecting your baggage (by free Heathrow Connect train is easiest). T5 is in a different place again, so same thing about a free transfer via (a different) Heathrow Connect.

I have added that detail in case you are not familiar with LHR. It is essentially three different airports sharing two runways :-)

Thank everyone for the information. Yes, AA is at T3 and United is at T1.

Since I only have carry on, it will be easy for me to walk to T1 and find him.

Thank again.

Thank everyone for the information. Yes, AA is at T3 and United is at T1.

Since I only have carry on, it will be easy for me to walk to T1 and find him.

Thank again.

That works well then. For all its faults, Heathrow is pretty well signposted, and there are meeting points in each terminal.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/arriving-passengers/meeting-points

• 4 weeks later...

Archived