ama waterways vietnam trip questions

hammsbear

Will be going on the land and cruise portion to Vietnam/Cambodia and was wondering what the basics were when it comes to packing clothes. I know probably during the tours you would want comfortable clothing for the warm weather, but what about at night? How dressed up do people get? Is the dress different at night for the land portion vs. the river cruising? I have no idea what to wear in the evenings and don't want to look like an idiot. Any help on this matter would be appreciated. My wife and I took a group tour to Egypt several years ago and most people were a little more dressed up at night. We are avid big line cruisers and know what to wear on the big ships. Thanks.

We just returned from the cruise only portion of the trip. It was a wonderful experience shared with well traveled and worldly people from all over the world. There were no dress up nights although you will want to bring at least one pair of long pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders for excursions to temples. The southeast Asia cruise offers free local spirits anytime along with wine and beer at meals. The crew were well trained and attentive. You are in for a wonderful experience.

Couple of questions. Do you have to wear long pants and a shirt that covers your shoulders on all excursions? Or do some of the temples give you something to cover up. As for dinner on the ship what type of clothes did people wear? Polo shirts and pants for men? Or can men wear nice shorts? What about womens attire for dinner? Does she ever need to wear a dress? How about long shorts for her during the day? Thanks for your time.

Didn't do AMA, but wore skirt/capris that covered my knees and a t-shirt/short sleeved shirt to the temples. Don't know if they would provide coverups, but if you just pack a short sleeved top and a below the knee bottom, you'll be fine. I worried about it, too, and it really was no big deal. I did pack a pair of long pants and a long sleeved shirt and never wore the shirt. Pants only on the flight over.

One more thing. What two sites are you talking about with the info. Have read the member reviews already.

use the Search area right above this.Will direct you to the sites,Sorry don t know how to do it here.But LOTS OF INFO.Hope you find it,since all your questions have been asked and answered.Even links to photos.Try it.:)

Archived