Seaside Entertainment

SNJCruisers

Have not read too much in the reviews regarding the entertainment besides the fact that the Timeless show is really good. I have inferred that there is a general overview show on night one and six different shows the rest of the week, with 3 showings each evening around 730, 915 and 1015. Timeless and Peter Punk look appealing to us, while Enno Morricone and Madame Butterfly do not since we are not into opera. Is "The Wizard" also one of the shows? Also, how is Beer Prov @ 1130 and are reservations needed for it or is it first come, first seated?

Regarding music, what venues play live music at night? Piano bar, jazz, rock? Thanks

Entertainment.....but slightly different than your question.

Would have been nice to have a movie in the afternoon.

Not once but they have hem outside in the evening even though the weather has been bad all week.

I had heard that they had a comedy club which I was really looking forward to but there is not.

There is a comedy show every night in the showroom at 11:15......a bit to late for us.

We have been going to the 8:15pm show every night.

If that is the time you want, make your reservations!

That show time is packed.

I had heard that they had a comedy club which I was really looking forward to but there is not.

There is a comedy show every night in the showroom at 11:15......a bit to late for us.

We have been going to the 8:15pm show every night.

If that is the time you want, make your reservations!

That show time is packed.

Don't know what happened to the comedy club that was shown in their renderings during construction. If if was on the blue prints, where is it now? The BeerProv I had seen promoted as 11:30 in the Metropolitan lounge each evening. Is the 815 main show the first or second showing? Since you have been going to the 815 show each night, what are the names of the shows and what's your opinion?

We are night owls, so we'll do happy hour, dinner, catch the second or third show of the evening that appeals to us and then catch Beer Prov every night it's offered. Sorry to hear that 11:15 is too late for you, did you have a little one that needed to be in bed or are you just early morning people that don't adjust their schedules while on vacation?

I was a little disappointed when I heard that there wasn't really going to be a comedy club.

Still - Improv is great (even if at 11.15pm! :D)

Shippy ...do you think there is still a chance that the "News and Comedy Club" (deck 8 starboard opposite the Sports bar) COULD be used for that purpose in the future? I'm definitely crossing fingers that it might! :)

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I do have some insight about the Comedy Club . One of the Comedy team members has been very helpful to explain the situation . The News Cafe was originally set up to host the Comedy show, however the venue was way too small for the number of passengers . ( MSC oversight ! ) He explained that area would only hold 100 people and they would have to perform 50 times a day to accommodate everyone !

They are still offering a Comedy Show entitled BeerProv . It is held in the Metropolitan Theater each evening at 11:15 p.m. . It is an unscripted improvisational show and they can make it more PG if there are children in the audience ( however I think it is supposed to be geared towards an adult audience ) !

Hope this helps !

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I do have some insight about the Comedy Club . One of the Comedy team members has been very helpful to explain the situation . The News Cafe was originally set up to host the Comedy show, however the venue was way too small for the number of passengers . ( MSC oversight ! ) He explained that area would only hold 100 people and they would have to perform 50 times a day to accommodate everyone !

They are still offering a Comedy Show entitled BeerProv . It is held in the Metropolitan Theater each evening at 11:15 p.m. . It is an unscripted improvisational show and they can make it more PG if there are children in the audience ( however I think it is supposed to be geared towards an adult audience ) !

Hope this helps !

Gotta love the people planning for the venues on this ship...1st Dining and now Comedy. Its not unusual for late night Comedy in main Theatre's on ships...many times its content is R+.... Sorry to hear no earlier comedy shows

Why 11:15 at night are children going to a comedy show? When I go to a comedy show that time of night I know its probably R rated.
Because some parents take a vacation from parenting when they go on vacation. They let their precious little darlings run amok all over the ship while they bake in the sun or quaff a beer at the bar. They're members of the me generation that don't realize that parenting is a 24/7 responsibility for 18 years. So it's no wonder that sometimes there will be kids in a venue at 11:15 pm. :mad:

Because some parents take a vacation from parenting when they go on vacation. They let their precious little darlings run amok all over the ship while they bake in the sun or quaff a beer at the bar. They're members of the me generation that don't realize that parenting is a 24/7 responsibility for 18 years. So it's no wonder that sometimes there will be kids in a venue at 11:15 pm. :mad:

Can't argue that.

Well, we're in our 50s and our kids are in their 20s. They were better kids than we were. Overall, I believe that those born in the sixties and earlier are on average more selfish than those born the 1990s. I think some generations are legends ... in their own mind.

Well, we're in our 50s and our kids are in their 20s. They were better kids than we were. Overall, I believe that those born in the sixties and earlier are on average more selfish than those born the 1990s. I think some generations are legends ... in their own mind.

Wow....I would politely disagree. your talking about the entitlement group (born in 90's) The baby boomer generation didn't have nearly the luxury's or technology our children or the 90's group had/has. We cruised 15 years with our children (who are in their early 30's now).... They were always behaved ....but upbringing did help!?

I was making an observation based on 30 cruises I have taken over the past 31+ years on a handful of cruise lines. Kids running amok is just as prevalent today as it was 20 years ago. I never was able to go on a cruise until I paid for my first one at the age of 26, same with flying for the first time at the age of 23 after I paid for it. I did not grow up with parents that took me out of school for a week to go on a cruise. When I'm on the Seaside next week, I know for certain there will be school age kids aboard that should be in school.

If you think that your children are more unselfish than you are, then wouldn't that be an indictment against your parents for raising someone that is so selfish and thus by your own admission, you did a better job raising your unselfish children than your parents did in raising you. :confused: