Never been there and I'm never going back!

Karysa

I've never been interested in going to the Mexican Riviera.

Lots of people love it, but it just doesn't appeal to me :confused:.

On edit: Hubby said his cruise of least interest would be a one day cruise to nowhere.

Edited by Azure Moon
Adding hubby's thought on the subject

I hate to say it because I'm sure I'll get flamed...But I have no intentions on ever going to Alaska...or anywhere else on vacation where the temp is below 80 degrees.

There I am on the other end of the spectrum, balancing you out -- I avoid anywhere where the temperature is regularly above 80 degrees. :)

Although I have been to Egypt and loved the country and people, I am not interested in visiting less liberal Arab nations where women are second-class citizens--if that. Flame away.

Otherwise, almost anywhere that is not actually dangerous at the time is fine with me.

Somalia, of course...

But more usual spots -- I have no desire to go to the Caribbean, or Mexico.

A couple of spots on my list though are Antarctica, and Australia. If it just wasn't so long to fly to get to a port to see those places, I'd be going soon! :)

New Jersey

I'm not from New Jersey but one of my favorite places on earth is Cape May. I just said last week that it would make a nice tender port for an Atlantic cruise. I certainly don't want to go to Somalia right now either, but a few years from now...Who knows? Kathleen

I hate to say it because I'm sure I'll get flamed...But I have no intentions on ever going to Alaska...or anywhere else on vacation where the temp is below 80 degrees.

No flaming from me. I never thought I wanted to go to Alaska, either. And then I went because DH is mid 80s and had always wanted to go. Boy, what a shock for me. Even in September and bundled up I fell in love and hope to go back one day. But next time I would include an inland tour as well.

Now to the person who said "Charleston, SC" I might have to do a little flaming. :eek::D Well, not really, but Charleston is a lovely small city worth one visit. IMHO of course.

I'll go back to my first comment about not wanting to cruise to New Zealand and Australia. There are lots of places like that which I'd rather visit as a traveler on the land. One day in port gives a taste but only a taste of what lies beyond the sea.

Enough said for this morning.

Wouldn't go anywhere cold! Never been interested in Japan/China although I enjoyed Singapore. I am also not fond of Mexico around Playa del Carmen etc. Otherwise, I will go anywhere except the strong Ismalist countries. Egypt is great though:cool:

We did a land tour of Kenya in Feb. and was amazing, would definately return.

There are places I don't want to go to now like Somalia, Iran & Iraq. But I am not willing to rule them out for ever

I am also concerned about going to the med that borders that area of the world, plus I am nervous about Egypt and Israel.

As far as places that I have been that I have no desire to reutrn-EVER-Jamaica.

No flaming from me. I never thought I wanted to go to Alaska, either. And then I went because DH is mid 80s and had always wanted to go. Boy, what a shock for me. Even in September and bundled up I fell in love and hope to go back one day. But next time I would include an inland tour as well.

Now to the person who said "Charleston, SC" I might have to do a little flaming. :eek::D Well, not really, but Charleston is a lovely small city worth one visit. IMHO of course.

I'll go back to my first comment about not wanting to cruise to New Zealand and Australia. There are lots of places like that which I'd rather visit as a traveler on the land. One day in port gives a taste but only a taste of what lies beyond the sea.

Enough said for this morning.

I felt the same way about Alaska as you. We went because my FIL wanted us to go with him, and we went to please him. We loved it and I also hope to return one day. He died a few months later. We were REALLY glad we had gone with him.

As far as Charleston, SC. That is a lovely city and we go for a long weekend every couple of years. However, if I was diverted there on a crusie, I would be disappointed. Not because I don't like the city, but because I can drive there easily.

I mention that, because it happened in 2004. Not our cruise, but the cruise before us. This was Disney Wonder. We had the 4 day cruise, so the cruise before ours was a 3 day. Many people were VERY disappointed and some posted on the Disney board very angry. However, my thought was a 3 day cruise out of Pt. Canaveral, where else could the ship have had time to go, (Frances was hovering over the Bahamas) Jacksonville? Somehow I do not believe that would have made the PAX any happier.

I have absolutely no interest in ever visiting Dubai. China doesn't top my list, either, although slightly more interesting than Dubai.

If I never got back to Ensenada I'd not mind. We do have a stop there in October and, as usual, we'll just stay onboard the ship.

We'd also prefer a land vacation to Australia or New Zealand, but a cruise can take you to more places than a land trip would do. A good compromise is a few more land days, both pre and post cruise.

I am also concerned about going to the med that borders that area of the world, plus I am nervous about Egypt and Israel.

As far as places that I have been that I have no desire to reutrn-EVER-Jamaica.

I spent almost 3 months traveling around the MidEast/Asia for business the first part of this year. NUMEROUS trips into Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi), Oman and Qatar. I actually felt pretty safe in Iraq. It has changed a lot since I was there a few years ago and actually, the Iraqi people will have a very nice country if they keep at it.

Can't say that for quite a bit of Aghanistan although I wasn't too worried in Kabul. Kandahar, a whole different story. And the border regions around the Khyber-thank goodness for MRAP's (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected) vehicles and military convoys. THAT was spooky.

I absolutely refuse to go to either Pakistan or India.

PS-DO NOT allow the Israeli's to stamp you American passport. They understand this and will gladly stamp a special piece of paper instead of inside your passport. You return the paper when you leave Israel.