3-15-18 Thursday weigh in

mdaviswv

Sorry guys, I was thinking Belle was back this week so I didn’t start this morning.

I’m down 2 this week so that’s good. Plenty of time til we sail, but still have some ground to cover.

I hope you are all well.

Check in later.

Mike

Bridgeport, WV

Mike, thanks for starting the thread. Congrats on your loss.

I am down 4 lbs this week. I think that I probable didn't gain 2 lbs last week, because 4 is a lot for me to lose. Either way, I am down a total of 4 lbs. so I'm happy.

Rose

LOL, I started another thread but dated it 3/18/18. Silly me. In any event I lost one more pound and which brings me up to a total of 10. Yeah me! Now I just need to keep plugging away until I get to where I want to be.

Man, we're on a roll so far! Great job everyone!

Of course down 0.8 is WAY better than the alternative Jo!

I totally understand Punki! I rarely have a handle on the date.

Rose, maybe you've discovered the secret! Down 4 is great however it happens.

Mike

Man, must be something in the water - down 4lbs also to 204! That was pretty a cool sight on the scale this am. (I still use the freight scale at work as a double check-it confirmed it) Congrats everyone for being this far into the year and doing so well.

Not one "cheat" all week, still doing the 8/16 fast schedule (bumped it to 11am to 7pm), and so far, not bored of the salads... yet...

I'm guessing the exertion while camping, and keeping the physical activity up since returning, and the bad carbs/sugar down, is milking these losses for all they're worth.

Tonight should be interesting - helping a friend of a friend that needs a home for a stray cat. (ours passed away last month after 18 years - give our pets credit-they got staying power!) We're going to introduce it to the dog and see if they can be buddies. Supposedly, it gets along with dogs already, is fairly young, and is de-clawed so she won't rip her eyes out.

Might be posting video instead of pics lol...

Have a good weekend all, thanks again for the thread Mike. See ya'.

Apparently just the front paws were de-clawed...

That didn't go so well... Kitty lost one claw on each paw in the scuffle - and is none too pleased with us right now. Damn dog just doesn't know how to socialize.

cb97b7252080dd21efccdd80efc91dd0.jpgdcf6bac8f6a05f53cdba0f42cf95b919.jpg

Apparently just the front paws were de-clawed...

That didn't go so well... Kitty lost one claw on each paw in the scuffle - and is none too pleased with us right now. Damn dog just doesn't know how to socialize.

You need to read on how to introduce two pets (especially between a dog and a cat). It is not a fast process.

You need to read on how to introduce two pets (especially between a dog and a cat). It is not a fast process.

Yeah, we're pretty ticked at ourselves to not read up on it first - did everything wrong. Bindy is pretty darn good in every aspect except socializing with other animals. It's the only time she ever pulls the leash or makes a ruckus. People - adults, kids, etc - no problem at all besides wanting to kiss them.

I'm looking at a boarding/training session when we go camping in May. We'll only be gone for 5 days, but if research with various trainers confirms our needs - we'd kennel her for 2 weeks or so and get her some specialized socializing/distraction training that we can keep reinforced and work upon afterwards.

There's a great dog park close by and I've taught her basic obedience (walk, heel, sit, down, etc.) but "come" in a distracted environment is still hit or miss - so I don't trust her in the park off leash. We walk the neighborhood most nights, and I put a porthole in the fence so she can watch the world go by - but I want more for her.

Hey guys. Just back from a weekend in Pittsburgh for a concert with my son. Fantastic time, ate a lot, ate late and don’t regret a bit of it. [emoji846] Ill deal with the fallout from the weekend in the coming days, but man we had a good time.

Sorry to see your weekend wasn’t as pleasant shootr! My oldish cat is the main reason we don’t have a new dog yet.

Hope you’re all well!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who'd you see? Haven't been to a live show in forever - just nobody out there (that I haven't seen already) that's worth the crazy ticket prices they now charge around here.

My only cheat of the weekend - but dang, down to one last genuine Cuban...

Went to a movie Saturday and then walked the community college grounds where the gardens are in full bloom.

Today took the dog to the town lake and walked the heck out of her and picnic'd with a salad - we're all a bit tired now... 3ab48ae28aba8a6f7031058c2645a0a6.jpg31d81663bc0b390f6d7d8ab1ad7af872.jpg84f4e5b8ebfd4b0e18275027e5971801.jpg

Yeah, we're pretty ticked at ourselves to not read up on it first - did everything wrong. Bindy is pretty darn good in every aspect except socializing with other animals. It's the only time she ever pulls the leash or makes a ruckus. People - adults, kids, etc - no problem at all besides wanting to kiss them.

I'm looking at a boarding/training session when we go camping in May. We'll only be gone for 5 days, but if research with various trainers confirms our needs - we'd kennel her for 2 weeks or so and get her some specialized socializing/distraction training that we can keep reinforced and work upon afterwards.

There's a great dog park close by and I've taught her basic obedience (walk, heel, sit, down, etc.) but "come" in a distracted environment is still hit or miss - so I don't trust her in the park off leash. We walk the neighborhood most nights, and I put a porthole in the fence so she can watch the world go by - but I want more for her.

Sometimes dogs will never tolerate cats and will always try to get them. We have never had to introduce a dog and cat. Introducing cats to each other is hard enough!

We saw A Day to Remember. It was a good time. I’ve always been one to enjoy live music, but some “diificult” years got me out of the habit. My son is 14 now and shares my love of music, so we try to make the most of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sometimes dogs will never tolerate cats and will always try to get them. We have never had to introduce a dog and cat. Introducing cats to each other is hard enough!
I'm a believer in karma and all that...

Was walking around the local park, and up pulls a guy with "Dog Trainer" signs on his car. Struck up a conversation and discussed my dog.

He's a certified, semi-retired trainer that comes to people's homes to do the training. Great ratings all over the internet. Extremely reasonable rates.

Our first/assessment meeting is 2 weeks from today - we're beyond excited. He liked everything I was trying except the pinch collar, so last night we went back to the chest harness. She actually did pretty good, but looking forward to correcting the last couple issues and fine tuning the relationship.

I'm really looking forward to the scale tomorrow - wish I knew what it was that eventually makes my focus lock in, but its happening - and eating and exercise is going really well.

Hoping everyone else is doing their best, see ya all soon.

I lost half a pound today. I have 17 more days to my cruise and I don't think it's worth it to try for anything significant. Instead I am toning with pushups, planks, lunges, squats, and V-ups with oblique crosses using a kettle bell.