first visit- young kids- what to do?

Firstcruiseforus

Our family of 4- 2 adults and 2 kids (8&3) will be docked at St. Thomas in early April. We are trying to decide if we want to wing it and grab a taxi and go to a beach somewhere or do a tour with a local company- we were looking at Godfrey Tours. I am leaning towards the 2 hour shopping, 2 hour sight seeing and 2 hour beach but I worry about the sight seeing my kids getting bored and the vehicle/roads not being save for my 3 year old (who wont have a car seat). Thoughts? Any advice would be appreciated! I'm a little overwhelmed at this moment.

Our family of 4- 2 adults and 2 kids (8&3) will be docked at St. Thomas in early April. We are trying to decide if we want to wing it and grab a taxi and go to a beach somewhere or do a tour with a local company- we were looking at Godfrey Tours. I am leaning towards the 2 hour shopping, 2 hour sight seeing and 2 hour beach but I worry about the sight seeing my kids getting bored and the vehicle/roads not being save for my 3 year old (who wont have a car seat). Thoughts? Any advice would be appreciated! I'm a little overwhelmed at this moment.

Megan's Bay.

Popular - Plenty of Shared Buses from Havensight

Sea, sand, gentle sloping beach, facilities, bed hire, food, drinks, floating toys, market stalls, souvenir store, hair braiding, cocktails and cold beer.

Easy to get to and from.

If it rains (sometimes does), then many covered seating/picnic areas to await the shared buses for the scenic ride back to the ship. (Same as outward)

Shop at Havensight on your return (no time concerns and they would welcome your business)

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

The Shipwreck/Pirate Museum has something interesting for people of all ages, especially those interested in history. Great reviews on TripAdvisor.

It would be great if Children's Museum replaced Hooters! Please tell me they're taking that spot.

Coral World and Coki Beach

My grandchildren had the best time at Coral World and Coki Beach... The adults did as well. We got discount coupons on line and had a wonderful day. We started in a taxi van to drop us off and they even came back to pick us up at an agreed upon time. Viral World was nice for my then 5 yr old old grandson. He loved the animals and we got done pretty sweet pictures of him at the touch tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums